Bucket seat tracks

-

Moparbrad

You don’t know me
Reaction score
So I just bought a pair of bucket seats with tracks. Everything has been taken apart and powder coated. My question is, can anybody identify these seat tracks? I was told they were for an A body but they don't look right to me. I was actually looking for a pair of 67 bucket seats for my Barracuda and came across these. I have some measurements in the pictures. The outside track which is closest to the door measures just under 5 inches in the front and just under 4 inches on the back. The inner track measures just under 4 inches in the front and just under 3 inches on the back. I am measuring from the surface that would be on the floor to the surface that mounts to the seat frame. Hopefully this is enough information. Can anyone help?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

They are not 63-66, which by the way are not all the same! 66 has a seperate riser that bolts to the side of the adjuster slide, and 64-5 have an adjuster handle that comes up from below the seat bun and is bent to place the handle in arms reach!

Here's a couple pics of 66 tracks!

IMG_3964.JPG

IMG_3965.JPG

Ah ha. Well, now I don't know. I just noticed one of the seat frames is labeled 68 Charger. Is it possible these are b body?

I can check your measurements in a couple hours. For now I can only say they do look 2nd gen' a-body correct.

Ok here's what I found in my 67 ... Every point is 3 to 4 inches ( not easily measured in the car ). As best I could tell, the rear of the outer track is the shortest point. You show more difference in left and right and more ramp than what I find. I have another set of correct tracks ( taken apart ) in the basement. With their working/traveling parts removed I was able to stand all 4 risers side by side. Very little difference anywhere. So now I'm thinking those aren't 2nd gen' a-body tracks. Bolt them up and set them in will tell. Good luck

Ok here's what I found in my 67 ... Every point is 3 to 4 inches ( not easily measured in the car ). As best I could tell, the rear of the outer track is the shortest point. You show more difference in left and right and more ramp than what I find. I have another set of correct tracks ( taken apart ) in the basement. With their working/traveling parts removed I was able to stand all 4 risers side by side. Very little difference anywhere. So now I'm thinking those aren't 2nd gen' a-body tracks. Bolt them up and set them in will tell. Good luck

I remembered my dad had some 67 seats in his stash. I had had him measure those. He came up with the same thing you did. Also, the bolt pattern where the track bolts to the floor measures under 11 inches front to back on my tracks. My 67 Barracuda measures about 12 inches. Does anyone have a 68-69 b body with bucket seats they can measure???

-
Back