Buddy Bar Intake?

-

AlaskaJeff

Reaction score
Mopar Buddy bar 340 Angled Small Block 4 Barrel Intake "Rare" | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

Buddy bar was the foundry that cast them for edelbrock. And that top is not factory

What do s the reason to have that much plenum with a single 4 bbl or am I missing something?

What do s the reason to have that much plenum with a single 4 bbl or am I missing something?
The intake was designed as a dual 4 barrel crossram, simular to the designs allready available for other manufacturers at that time. That top is homemade, and is worthless. The base is a str-12, which has value, but not anything like the ebay add is asking

The intake was designed as a dual 4 barrel crossram, simular to the designs allready available for other manufacturers at that time. That top is homemade, and is worthless. The base is a str-12, which has value, but not anything like the ebay add is asking
That's exactly what it is. A cross ram.

I bet a cool new dollar bill that Buddy Bar has every single blueprint to every intake They've ever cast.

I can't figure out 2 things: The top for the manifold appears to be like 2 inches thick - had to be thick to accept the recesses ground into it for linkage, and #2 the sheet metal "air cleaner" box. Do you think this was an attempt at a blow through system hooked to a turbocharger???? My STR-12 came with a blower top on it and a cracked original top (repaired twice). The seller told me the manifold was on a 318 in an early 30s Plymouth hot rod with a blower on top - YOWZER!!!

-
Back