Budget 17" Wheel Option

-
Good point. However, I already have my wheels, in hand, for 50 clams. I would think the crown vic stockers would be way cheaper than $200+ for a set. Especially since half the crown vics they came from wind up painted candy w/ 24s. Just looked up crown vic stockers on c-list Austin, Houston, and Dallas. None for sale.

I made some wood 1/2 spacers (redneck as hell, I know)(and NO, I won't be driving around w/ wood spacers) this weekend. I might get a chance tonight to see how the wheels fit w/ the spacers.

i think youd have to open up the centers on the crown vic rims, and there are different years that have different offsets.

This topic has been HEAVILY discussed.....and could have been answered by USING the SEARCH function.. you cant beat the price of these LX wheels..they bolt on...and available IN STOCK tires at most tire shops is nice compared to having to order a special 14"/15" tire.

I like the black steel rim look,but there are no slicks in that size anyways,lol..

Before I go full bore ahead w/ these rims, I have a question.

I'm wondering if I would be better off biting the bullet and buying some zero offset aftermarket 17 x 8 rims w/ the correct advertised 5 x 114.3 bolt spacing instead of the steel LX wheels (of which there is much debate a hand wringing over bolt spacing)?

1. I wouldn't have to run spacers.
2. I wouldn't have to buy longer wheel studs.
3. I could travel with peace of mind, knowing I have the correct bolt spacing.
4. I'd also be putting to rest the 115 vs. 114.3 debate about the LX wheels (at least as it pertains to my car).
5. I could fit a larger tire, correctly, on the rim w/ an 8" vs. a 7" wide rim.

The car will be used on weekends for trips to Houston (50 miles away) and Dallas (250 miles away), drag raced maybe once every couple of months (1/8 mile), and I still want to run it at TX Mile in the next couple of years (hoping it'll go 140 mph w/ the right rear gears and an air dam). The steel LX wheels appealed to me because I could run moon discs at the TX Mile. I can't really do that w/ the aftermarket wheels I'm looking at.

Your thoughts?

Your only question was:

Your Thoughts?

I think you need to do what is right for YOU.
Personally.....I have a set of LX steel wheels and fully intend to complete MY duster with them setup like GDEMONs' car....Painted Argent Silver, WITH Rally Center Caps and Trim Rings.
Gdemon71b-1.jpg

but my car is BLACK

i think youd have to open up the centers on the crown vic rims, and there are different years that have different offsets.

don't whittle down steel rims, have your machinist guy knock some material off your rotor/drums to 72 mm for a perfect fit.

double check the hub size, i'm working on memory and its not always acurate!

You can satisfy the bolt question by taking one rim to a yard or anyplace with a bolt pattern gauge and measuring it. I did, and took pictures, but maybe you will feel more comfortable if you see it for yourself.

My only complaint with those wheels is I can't get a 245/45 tire on them (according to the manufacturers recommendation).

-
Back