budget duster.

-
My current ride, starsky and hutch festiva I pieced together as a daily commuter. Bought it from the bay city police auction

Attachments

• image.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 404
In case you were wondering where my wipers went, they are gone. And wine corks are used to fill the holes. I ditched the freebie cavalier seats for freebie volare buckets. So aside from the 440 swap, I also have 4.10a for the rear. A new bb 727. I also added a sport mirror from a demon. And soon it'll be due for a fresh coat of tractor paint

Got my taxes filed early, hopefully in the next 2 weeks I'll have new fenderwell headers for the duster and progress can continue! But in the meantime I'm gathering everything to build the trans. Got the big bell housing 727 from the Winnebago and a freebie parts 727 small nellhousing to rob the long tail shaft from. After that will be installing the 4.10s in the 8.25. I know it's kinda weak but it's all I got and I got the gears new for a song.

i love it... but i got to ask. Where did you find parts so cheap? I need to take a page out of your book.

Cool, I love primer..... but I really wanna know what happened with the demon, did you get a chance to buy it??????

Holy horse feathers. I remember those dusters driving around at school and that pick up! You were friends with Timmy I think? If your still in Indiana, I would love to buy you a beer and talk cars sometimes. Hope your doing well!

Well, the key to getting parts cheap is to keep your eyes open and never pass an opritunity to meet people and lend them a hand. Most of the stuff I've gotten have been after striking up conversations with random car guys I meet, and if they need help finding parts or help pulling a motor, lend them a hand. And car karma will be good to you. But I'm also a parts hoarder and a dumpster diver. If I need something, I will search high and low to find the cheapest, best deal I can before spending much money. The best deals recently are the items I got in az. Scored a single be cool electric fan setup for 10 bucks from a yard sale. It's a universal one and was In a tempest. The 440 I got for 300 from a Winnebago and only gave 300 for it. Actually I hauled it in my roommates bagged s10 that was in the pic of my two dusters. Damn thing was Layin frame the whole trip home. This last week I've been helping a buddy strip his 70 super bee.

O3jeepjeep, heck yeah man. I graduated 2 yrs ago and I'm up in bedford now working in Bloomington. I have a few buddies still at Vincennes and stop by there every semester. Pm me with your name. And yes I'm still friends with Tim. In fact I was at his sons first bday party last sunday

Replica racer, nope, demon deal fell through. Turned out the old man had dementia and had lost his mind. He backed out and later I met a genrlam who offered the same old man 10000 for the demon and the guy chased him off. The car is still in the same spot

The DEMON, were you able to buy the demon? What was the story on that.......

I like the look, cool driver. Think twice about the fender well headers, they will rub the tires. TTI makes under chassis that fit well, I have had both.

After finally getting my other vehicles as well as everyone else's fixed, I was able to continue on my duster. Last night I was able to beat/bang my swap wet fenderwell headers to fit. And I have to say they fit pretty good! Excuse the mess in the pics. After I yank the 440 out for the final time to rebuild it I will go through and clean up the engine bay. Here's some progress pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 269
Ok, so I'm using my ol' lady's iPhone to upload these pics. And after uploading the first pic I realized her contact name for me is across the top of the pic. Oh well, I have no idea to fix it. Lol

Hopefully by the next week I will have the engine and trans back out and begin welding up the holes in the firewall

Attachments

• image.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 259
Great story so far man. I'm not too far from you up here in central IL. Very nice Duster you have :)

thanks! its been an ongoing project for the last 8 years. I`ll do something to it, then drive it, then break it, then change something else. im not real good on keeping up with posting everything i do to the car, but currently its time for the 440. central IL? myself and some friends will be in IL for the car craft show in june. we`ll be in my buddys 67 cutlass.

So I've been wanting to ceramic coat my fenderwells white for the nostalgic look. I know there's a possibility of the flanges eventually turning brownish but I'm willing to live with that. So to get an idea if I'll like it I bought 97cent can of flat white to see what it'll look like. What do you think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 196
-
Back