Build Records

-

matthon

Reaction score
Today I received my build record certificate and the copy of the IBM punch card from Chrysler.
The punch card copy is unreadable, and between the Build Record Certificate and the fender tag, there are discrepancies.

The fender tag has G70x15 White Side Wall and a Build Date of May 31.

The build record has Red Streak D70x14 and a Shipped Date of May 26, 1967.

How could it be shipped before it was built?

Also, the few codes on the fender tag do not match the Options codes on the Build Record Certificate.

Fender Tag

TIRES: G70x15 White Side Wall, fiberglass belted
BUILD DATE: May 31.

ABC OPTIONS:
D9: Front Disk Brakes
F7: Barracuda Formula S Package
M2: Unknown Option
T4: Unknown Option

abc OPTIONS:
p6: Unknown Option
u1: Sold Car When Built (Somebody Ordered It)

Build Record

Shipped Date: May 26, 1967
Region #: 51 = Chicago, IL
Dealer Code #: 08308 = Naperville, IL
Clyde C. Netzley, Inc.
Options:
Paint: GG1 = Dark Green Met.
Trim: H5X = Code N/A
Transmission: 3 = Manual – 4 Speed – Floor Shift
Axle Ration: 4 = 3.23
Engine: 62 = 383 – 8 Cyl. – 4 bbl. – Dual Exhaust
Tires: 28 = Red Streak D70x14
Disc. Brakes: 9 = Front
Mirrors: 6 = Remote Control – Outside Left
Undercoating: 9 = Includes Hood Insulator Pad
Accessory Group 36: 7 = Code N/A

Might be a dumb question, but where didiyou go to order the original build record certificate and the copy of the IBM punch card from Chrysler? I'd like to have that for our Dart.

What kind of shape is that Formula S in?Do you want to trade it for a 1970 Limelight Road Runner?? Jim

As far as I know(have been led to believe) that the build sheet is far more accurate than the fender tag, as the build sheet is what the workers used during the assembly. The fender tags where made before hand and any changes to the fabrication were noted on the build sheets.

That may explain the 2 different dates. Or the your vehicle was bumped up in the production order possibly due to lack of neccesary parts/options for cars requiring those parts/options.

my 2 cents,
Ahead Full

I see a whole boat load of requests for this type of info. Once he shares how he got it that is. I would be very interested in this for my car as well.

i think u can get them directly though chrysler themselves but i think alot of the records were destroyed im not to sure though

As far as I know(have been led to believe) that the build sheet is far more accurate than the fender tag, as the build sheet is what the workers used during the assembly. The fender tags where made before hand and any changes to the fabrication were noted on the build sheets.

That may explain the 2 different dates. Or the your vehicle was bumped up in the production order possibly due to lack of neccesary parts/options for cars requiring those parts/options.

my 2 cents,
Ahead Full

If that is true, maybe it was bumped up due to the lack of options ordered?
Chrysler does not offer a fender tag decode service, so I had to rely on the internet, which is open to errors.
Galen offers a reproduction of a broadcast sheet based on the vin and fender tag, so if the build record is more accurate that that makes no sense.
Its all very confusing as I was banking on the build record to clear up the unknown fender tag codes.
The build record gave me the dealership it was ordered from, but of course it is now closed.

Anyone know how to find an original owner?

I am making progress, the build record has 2 dates on it, Shipped Date which is where the 05/26 is listed, and a Shipping Order No., which starts with 531xxxxxx, and this matches exactly what is on the fender tag and decodes as Production Date 5/31 and Shipping Order xxxxxx.
There is also Scheduled Month and Scheduled Day, Shipping Date Month/Day on the punch card, but who knows what the holes refer to.
I also realized I had the tires wrong when I first decoded the fender tag, it now matches the build record.

Anyone have a clear copy of the ibm punch card?

What kind of shape is that Formula S in?Do you want to trade it for a 1970 Limelight Road Runner?? Jim
Very good, but it is showing its age.
I've seen the pic of your car, and it is sweet, but I am not looking to trade.
It reminds me of one that I used to see around when I was a kid, that was a 440-6 car, same color, and was it loud!

Today I received my build record certificate and the copy of the IBM punch card from Chrysler.
The punch card copy is unreadable, and between the Build Record Certificate and the fender tag, there are discrepancies.

The fender tag has G70x15 White Side Wall and a Build Date of May 31.

The build record has Red Streak D70x14 and a Shipped Date of May 26, 1967.

How could it be shipped before it was built?

Also, the few codes on the fender tag do not match the Options codes on the Build Record Certificate.

Fender Tag

TIRES: G70x15 White Side Wall, fiberglass belted
BUILD DATE: May 31.

ABC OPTIONS:
D9: Front Disk Brakes
F7: Barracuda Formula S Package
M2: Unknown Option
T4: Unknown Option

abc OPTIONS:
p6: Unknown Option
u1: Sold Car When Built (Somebody Ordered It)

Build Record

Shipped Date: May 26, 1967
Region #: 51 = Chicago, IL
Dealer Code #: 08308 = Naperville, IL
Clyde C. Netzley, Inc.
Options:
Paint: GG1 = Dark Green Met.
Trim: H5X = Code N/A
Transmission: 3 = Manual – 4 Speed – Floor Shift
Axle Ration: 4 = 3.23
Engine: 62 = 383 – 8 Cyl. – 4 bbl. – Dual Exhaust
Tires: 28 = Red Streak D70x14
Disc. Brakes: 9 = Front
Mirrors: 6 = Remote Control – Outside Left
Undercoating: 9 = Includes Hood Insulator Pad
Accessory Group 36: 7 = Code N/A

I did the same thing as you, sent for a copy of the IBM card.
I also asked for a blank readable IBM card, which I got.
Sent all the papers to "Data Tag" who made a copy of the fendertag.
The info I got from " DataTag" was among other info.

Code P6 = outside remote mirror
Code M2= line 2 build
Code T4= performance gauge

Might be a dumb question, but where didiyou go to order the original build record certificate and the copy of the IBM punch card from Chrysler? I'd like to have that for our Dart.

they don't have anything for 1970 and above due to a long ago fire......

I did the same thing as you, sent for a copy of the IBM card.
I also asked for a blank readable IBM card, which I got.
Sent all the papers to "Data Tag" who made a copy of the fendertag.
The info I got from " DataTag" was among other info.

Code P6 = outside remote mirror
Code M2= line 2 build
Code T4= performance gauge

Can you please post a clear picture of the blank IBM card?
Do you know what "line 2 build" means?

Hard to say... Your car has picked up some emblems from the time it was shown in this thread..

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=41345&page=5

You have a big block Barracuda... Enjoy it.

I do enjoy it very much, and I am grateful to my brother and a close friend for helping me when it really mattered and no one else would. I worked very hard to get it, and it is my nature to discover everything I can about the cars I have owned, like a c-archeologist.
I am also grateful for the support from this forum and I see the many things you do for each other that I do not see on other forums.

Can you please post a clear picture of the blank IBM card?
Do you know what "line 2 build" means?

Sorry, don´t know for now what it means.
Guess I could find out by asking Data Tags.
Please pm me your e-mail, so that I can send you the copy of the IBM card without cropping it.

I do enjoy it very much, and I am grateful to my brother and a close friend for helping me when it really mattered and no one else would. I worked very hard to get it, and it is my nature to discover everything I can about the cars I have owned, like a c-archeologist.
I am also grateful for the support from this forum and I see the many things you do for each other that I do not see on other forums.

You should just post your Vin # and fender tag info.... The guys on here can decode it.

A photo of each would be best.

-
Back