Builders: Square engine, Over Square, or Under Square for you?

-
Reduction in Hemi piston skirt length with the longer rod.......
The Hemi rod was less than a 1/10" of an longer the 440 rod. Doesn't make sense to use a longer rod, solely for the purpose of a 0.09" shorter piston that was already very heavy with it's domed top. Moving the pin up in the piston allows the piston to rock more & could lead to ring flutter or unseating the rings.

The fact is that Chrys already had a very beefy rod in the six pack rod....but chose to go to a new forging of a longer rod.

Reduction in Hemi piston skirt length with the longer rod.......
The Hemi rod was less than a 1/10" of an longer the 440 rod. Doesn't make sense to use a longer rod, solely for the purpose of a 0.09" shorter piston that was already very heavy with it's domed top. Moving the pin up in the piston allows the piston to rock more & could lead to ring flutter or unseating the rings.

The fact is that Chrys already had a very beefy rod in the six pack rod....but chose to go to a new forging of a longer rod.

Massive RED XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

No chance, already posted that and it wasn't well received.

It’s over most people’s heads. Even if it is explained well and on simple terms, most people here are just general hot rodders. Getting into a deep dive is t in most peoples wish list.

Indeed it is.
I enjoyed it. I like listening to the engineers and top notch builders, the fellas that push the limits. Even though I’ll probably never get to build a 2500hp NA engine, it’s interesting to follow along and learn something.

It’s over most people’s heads. Even if it is explained well and on simple terms, most people here are just general hot rodders. Getting into a deep dive is t in most peoples wish list.
For most people it'll never really matter, because they couldn't care less about every last ounce of power or speed.

-
Back