Building a new 505 With Callies / Mopar Performance Block

-
Still waiting on Milodon the new ship date is the end of this month. I got tired of calling them. Working on other peoples cars is keeping me busy.
Kinda gave up on this season. Been helping a fellow racer get his car sorted out got to make a few passes in his car.

20240523_130647.jpg

345631900_1275880460030005_3381082682579652452_n.jpg

New 727 with a trans brake put this car for a loop. It was really hooking last year but not this year. Found that the rear end housing tubes were moving in the dana housing and that the leaf springs gave up the ghost. Slowly but surely we are getting the car where it needs to be. So far we have picked up about 3 and 1/2 tenths this year. Started out running 7.08 now it is running 6.73.

New 727 with a trans brake put this car for a loop. It was really hooking last year but not this year. Found that the rear end housing tubes were moving in the dana housing and that the leaf springs gave up the ghost. Slowly but surely we are getting the car where it needs to be. So far we have picked up about 3 and 1/2 tenths this year. Started out running 7.08 now it is running 6.73.

That’s awesome progress. I love dragway 42. I am hoping I can make it to the mopar race in august. Maybe will see ya there.

Hey SMCARNUT, Do you still want to tig weld your oil pan ? Just let me know when and I'll do it for you, take care, Frank

Latest update now the oiling system is expected to ship September 30. Wow way to go Milodon!

Latest update now the oiling system is expected to ship September 30. Wow way to go Milodon!

Did you call Milidon and if so did you talk to Tom. I sent him 10-12 pictures of their messed up oil pans that worked great for years and he kept telling me they made no changes. Pictures right in front of his face and he denied it.

I have Milidons "whale tail'' swinging pick-up, dual line if you want it, just replace it when you get yours !

Is milodon the only company out there with quality oiling systems for Mopar & the other dorks ?

I know some of you guys aren’t on Facebook but I see this stuff for sale every other day at least. There is so much of it floating around.

Frank yes, I still want you to do some tig welding for me I will be getting in touch as soon as my parts arrive.

Update
Ordered all of my Milodon parts separately. The kits just are not available! (Cancelled the kits I had on order) Holy **** did that get expensive.

Milodon parts have been slowly coming in finally. After the rain at Dragway 42 Mopar race. I went to Mopar Nats and I got the bug to get going again. I ordered a custom oil pan so that my project can move forward. But this year is a bust for my car. If I get really lucky, I may be able to make a pass or two probably this year. (I am not going to push my luck) If not it will be ready for 2025.

Most of my stuff is here finally from Milodon. Be back on the motor this fall finally.

In the meantime.
Getting the Dart hooked up went to final eight last Sunday in Mod at Dragway 42. Best ever pass 6.64 and the car is finally consistent. Stayed in the mid 6.60's the whole weekend.

08242024.jpg

Last edited:
Most of my stuff is here finally from Milodon. Be back on the motor this fall finally.

In the meantime.
Getting the Dart hooked up went to final eight last Sunday in Mod at Dragway 42. Best ever pass 6.64 and the car is finally consistent. Stayed in the mid 6.60's the whole weekend.

View attachment 1716295818
Awesome, nice dart

Kevko oil pan showed up today. Looks pretty good in my opinion. One thing I like about it is no more Orings and washers to leak and the -12AN fittings are steel.
Now I am swimming in Milodon parts since my new pan has the pickup built into it.

20240830_165905.jpg

20240830_165911.jpg

20240830_165917.jpg

Kevko oil pan showed up today. Looks pretty good in my opinion. One thing I like about it is no more Orings and washers to leak and the -12AN fittings are steel.
Now I am swimming in Milodon parts since my new pan has the pickup built into it.

View attachment 1716296781

View attachment 1716296782

View attachment 1716296783
Damn, that's pretty sweet.
I wish I could get a rack and pinion set up integrated into my stock k-member.
Id like a different pan vs the low lying super stock milodon

-
Back