Built and running

-
I have the same cam sitting on the shelf. Sounds great. I'm glad to see that vacuum level. I was worried it may not have enough for the power brakes.
As to the power breaks not working;
low Idle vacuum IMO is no problem until you have been sitting on an incline at a stop for several minutes, with a leaky diaphragm or a faulty check valve. lol. How often can you imagine such a circumstance?
Out here on the prairies, I ran the 292/292/108 cam for an entire summer with no power-brake issue. This cam is advertised as 248* intake duration.
Well except for one; sorta....
First drive of the day, the booster did not charge fully until I blipped the throttle a couple of times........ which was part of the warm-up program anyway....
But I must confess, that I run a manual trans so have to slip the clutch out, usually at a higher than idle rpm,lol.
In any case; once the vehicle is moving, the vacuum will be up high enough to charge the booster, and you are almost guaranteed one full boost stop from 60 mph. ......unless your booster is defective,the check valve ain't checking, or you start sawing on the pedal.
So really, the only time you COULD have trouble is at idle.
I had one booster that needed 13inches to charge, and one that needed only 11, so....... guess which one went back on the shelf.

I think you can rest easy.

-
Back