***Bulk Head Delete***

-

Mad Dart

Nothing to see Here!
Reaction score
I see cars all the time with the bulkhead deleted.

It would be nice to see some of you guys show your pictures on how you did it.

Do you rewire the whole car?
Use the same harness?
Use a different Harness?
Where in the heck are you running the engine bay wiring, headlights etc?

I am very interested to know.

Well, on my 70 Dart, I deleted it...I welded that big ugly hole shut...I dont think it is necessary for mopars to have a bulkhead connector because the front clip doesnt come off like a chevy camaro or nova, in which all u gotta do is unhook that sucker, unbolt the front clip and take it away...SO, that being said, I'm using a new aftermarket wiring harness, and drilling one simple hole down low for them to slip through, and out of site...I might even go under the fenders somewhere...

I'm about to rewire my Duster with a unloaded fuse box. I'll mount the fuse box under the hood or in the glove box & run my wires from my accessories to it. I plan to cover the bulkhead with a 3 or 4 inch plate, drill 1 or 2 holes for the harness to come through with rubber grommets for protection. I'm considering a Ron Francis Express Harness with Mopar plugs installed. I'll get pics up when I'm done.

I was thinking since I will be finishing the front part of the cage to run the wires in the tubes that will be going in the fender wells then to the headlights etc.
Then drilling a hole in the upper part of the Trans hump under the firewall for the coil + & - wires etc. That way all will be hidden, I guess??

Pictures anyone?

I'm about to rewire my Duster with a unloaded fuse box. I'll mount the fuse box under the hood or in the glove box & run my wires from my accessories to it. I plan to cover the bulkhead with a 3 or 4 inch plate, drill 1 or 2 holes for the harness to come through with rubber grommets for protection. I'm considering a Ron Francis Express Harness with Mopar plugs installed. I'll get pics up when I'm done.

Is this the kit............that is a good price!

http://www.ronfrancis.com/prodinfo.asp?number=WR-95

For all the stuff I have going on, this one is probably the ticket!

http://www.ronfrancis.com/prodinfo.asp?number=XP-68

Yes that's the one. The Express XP-777 was recommended. I'm running an electric fuel pump with electric fan. He offers a free catalog. I suggest you get it. It's filled with valuable info. He will build you a harness for "your" car not some gm based garbage that you have to adapt to a Mopar. EZ wiring harness are an option as well. I seen one on ebay for $130.

I've seen where people have ran the wires for the headlights up inside the fender, going into the fender from the back by the door jamb.

-
Back