Bulkhead connector

-

Dartsun

Mopar Dude
Reaction score
Hello I need some help on the tool needed to remove wires out of the bulkhead. I bought a new main engine harness and a few wires are not correct. Thanks Dustin

Small flat blade pocket screw driver works. Like 3/32” wide.On the back of the terminal is a small tab you need to press down to slip out the terminal.kinda like this one but does not need to be exact.

IMG_3667.jpeg

I will grab a cheap metal nail file from the "Dolla *****" and grind down as needed. Works pretty good.

All I have ever used is some small cheap screwdriver, typical of the Radio Sh*t Shack "jewelers" kits you can buy

d39a22750f36688ee2162d1258cb.webp

Sometimes on the male tabs, I use needle nose. Pull the male end "out" on the terminal end to pull the tab/ tong away from the connector a bit, and then gently squeeze the thing "edgewise" to bend the tab inwards a biit.

You can see here how this works

929895_primary_225px.jpg

There is a small kit you can buy also with ALL the terminal removal tools you'll ever need. Some terminals take a special tool to remove them without damaging the wire or connectors. They started using this kind on cars in the 70s. Just nice to have a set & not expensive at all. Worth every cent.

Last edited:
There is a small kit you can buy also with ALL the terminal removal tools you'll ever need. Some terminals take a special toll to remove without damaging the wire or connectors. They started using this kind on cars in the 70s. Just nice to have a set & not expensive at all. Worth every cent.
Would you happen to know who makes it or link? Thanks.

You can get them cheap, small or larger kits, from Amazon. E-Bay probably carries them too. Cheap Chinese stuff but they do the trick.

The ones I have are individual tools. Sometimes they are all linked together on a cord & sold in a small box. I think it's easier to use an individual tool than an all-in-one tool like the one pictured, but they are what is used most to detatch most of the connector wires/pins from the connectors themselves. It would definitely be worth having one of those, even if you only use it once in a while.

This tool removes the female terminals.

I get a lot of use out of the stainless steal strips out of windshield wipers. Bend them, file them, cut to length. Very useful.

-
Back