Bulkhead plug clean up ???

-

'70_Duster_340

Reaction score
I got all 3 plugs off w/o breaking any tabs, and am going to re-do the fusible link .. I'm pretty sure THAT is the wire that goes to the amp gauge, and the large gauge black wire is the ground ?? I'm going to bypass the amp gauge..

Both outer plugs look pretty good, just a little dull, but the center one w/ the fusible link is a little corroded ... Anyone got a trick for cleaning up the plugs??

I was thinking of hitting them real fast w/ a blast w/ my little mini sandblaster to get all the terminals nice and clean ...

Thoughts ??

Kenny

Yes the fusible link eventuall goes to the amp gauge. No, the large black comes from the other side of the amp gauge as well as the welded splice for the hdlt switch, ign switch, and fuse box. An amp gauge is a bridge that reads incoming/outgoing voltage. Not grounded like a volt meter.

Thanks Red ... Today we by-passed the amp gauge and made up a new fusible link .. We completely covered the engine w/ a painters canvas cloth, and hit all the terminals real fast w/ the sandblaster, the blew them out with an air gun ... It worked like a charm and the terminals looked like new !!

Thanks

Kenny

-
Back