Bulkhead plug removal trick ??

-

'70_Duster_340

Reaction score
The center plug has a blue fusable link that I want to replace ... I can pry the top part of the plug off easy enough, but how do you release the bottom ?

I don't wanna break the tabs, but it seems like I'd need mini little monkey hands to release the bottom..

I'm sure there's a trick here ... Anyone help me ??

Thanks

Kenny

I have a set of pics I use often. The one with 90 degree bend would be my tool oof choise there and unlock the bottom keeper first. I have had to work from one end of the block , like remove the wiper harness connecter first.

I have a set of pics I use often. The one with 90 degree bend would be my tool oof choise there and unlock the bottom keeper first. I have had to work from one end of the block , like remove the wiper harness connecter first.

See, I KNEW there was a trick ... Thank you ...

Kenny

Not sure if this will help, but I've used this set with great success:

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item...&group_ID=1465&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

Hope I'm not over-thinking this but... you said bulkhead in the title. Is there a fusible link running from the bulkhead connector? Is yours burned up?

I removed all the connectors from my bulkhead on my '65 Bel 1 using this tool. Easy as pie - lift up the tab on the bottom of the connector and pull the wire out. That is if you can work the tool in there.

Pick tool would prolly work for a fusible link. Just don't force it...

Not sure if this will help, but I've used this set with great success:

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item...&group_ID=1465&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

Hope I'm not over-thinking this but... you said bulkhead in the title. Is there a fusible link running from the bulkhead connector? Is yours burned up?

I removed all the connectors from my bulkhead on my '65 Bel 1 using this tool. Easy as pie - lift up the tab on the bottom of the connector and pull the wire out. That is if you can work the tool in there.

Pick tool would prolly work for a fusible link. Just don't force it...

Thanks, and you're right on !! There IS a fusible link there .. It's not really burned up, and current is flowing through it, but it's got a couple bare spots and I'm definitely planning on changing it ..It's seen its' better days... Any tricks to doing THAT ??

I wanna take all three plugs out and clean stuff up real good, and I think the bent ice pick type tool might work for this deal.. I've got a few hanging around and will try it tomorrow...

-
Back