Bumper jack storage.

-

nomad9074

GT RAGTOP
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the proper method used to store the bumper jack in a 67 Dart GT? I believe I have the stick and ratchet( what the hell is that called? ) and the hold down spring mounted properly on the passenger side of the trunk. I recently purchased a base and hook, but have no idea how they were originally stowed. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!!

this help ?

a61a_12.JPG

this help ?

Adam,
I was under the impression that the handle should be turned the other way with the socket turned up. It fits in a slot in the bracket where the base of the jack post fits. With the other end in the loop on the floor, the handle is secured when the post is tightened. You can just see it in the corner of the attached pic. ('68 Barracuda, not Dart, but I thought they were similar).
Dallas

dsc03291 (2).jpg

Yeah that bottom pic is correct. Notice the spring goes around the tire tool instead of just under the anchor loop. This keeps the tire tool from rattling. Hook the spring thne operate the jack upward to create spring tension.

Yes. If not, it will rattle around and undermine the confidence of your passengers.

Place tire in well, valve stem down, jack base plate, hook, wing nut.

Jack goes in sockets on passenger side with the hook facing down. Raise jack to tighten spring, lower to release tension.

I was under the impression that the handle should be turned the other way with the socket turned up. It fits in a slot in the bracket where the base of the jack post fits. With the other end in the loop on the floor, the handle is secured when the post is tightened.

Correct.

-
Back