bumper mounts

-

74dart

Reaction score
so are there different bumper mounts on a 4 door than a 2 door? because I took parts off of a 4 door dart for my 2 door and they had different bumper mounts so I tried to put it on and the holes were off, and I looked back at the parts car and the mounting brackets were really different, so im stuck with a nice bumper I cant use. My question is that, does it have something to do with a special feature in the car or just a difference between a 4 door and a two door?

thank you

74dart

not that i know of, i will check out my bumper cache tomarow I have one off a 2 and one off a 4 door so let me see what I can do

thank you, because i want to sell my practically new original bumper but i dont know the difference...also the bumper is off of a 4 door custom

There is no difference between 2 door and 4 door bumpers, but the brackets and bumpers changed year to year (so did the frame rail locations late in '74)

well i guess ill have to check the year of my parts car again and make sure its a 74

late '74 and 75-76 used the shock absorbers and a different mounting brace for the backside of the bumper also all the bumper bolt holes are in different locations than a regular mounted bumper

mine doesnt have shock absorbers, but the dart i got it off of does have the shock absorbers

-
Back