burned wires

-

joshua dewitt

Reaction score
running headman headers, and the tube from left rear tube rubbing wires that run near # 5, and #7..... wires... too close running over the headers, are any of you guys running a lower 45 or 90 degree angle at the plug underneath? mine run way too close and burned though, the fire sleeves too... any recommendations?

Accel wires run them under the crossover tube with a 90°boot running them for 3years

On mine, and it's "Hedman" not Headman, I ran straight boots on all cylinders except 5 and 7, they were both 90 ends

Running 10 mm Taylor's W/90 degree boots. I have always ran the 90 degree boots without a problem.been doing this for 30 years.

sorry headman was a typo.... and the 90 degree boots, don't run close to steering coupler where looping up and over header pipe to distributor? any pics?

I just stuck a folded over piece of header wrap between the two boots and the pipe and it works just fine to keep them from getting burned. :D

(About a 5 inch long section folded over so you don't see the ratty ends)

It stays there on it's own.

Make sure to secure them when going under mine got grabbed by steering coupler and pulled off plugs

sorry headman was a typo.... and the 90 degree boots, don't run close to steering coupler where looping up and over header pipe to distributor? any pics?

Sorry no pics. Mine is torn down for painting........going on two years

They sell the heat sleeves at most pepboys. I put those on all wires that are close to the headers.

well, it is a small block, and I have 10.4m wires on it, the spark plug boot ends and rather large and going form the top on # 5 and 7 are very close even loomed away. im thinking of getting a big block set with 90's and running them underneath and looping up and over the rear all fit rather well. and look pretty nice under the hood. but I have to go to a 9.mm or 8.0mm wire instead due to the style needed and what's available, I made these form vms racing products wires.. I do have dome header wrap on that spot now. and it rubbed the spark plug heat wraps that are rubbing the headers at this angle...

-
Back