Busch-Whacking Costs Richard Childress $15,000...

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
...and I think it was worth every penny!
Oops! Missed a '0' - it's $150,000, but still worth it.

(AP) Richard Childress was fined $150,000 on Monday for assaulting Kyle Busch, the latest incident in an ongoing feud between NASCAR's most polarizing driver and Childress' race teams.
NASCAR also placed Childress on probation through the end of the year, finding the team owner solely at fault for Saturday's incident at Kansas Speedway. The 65-year-old grandfather apparently approached Busch after the Trucks race, placed him in a headlock, and punched him several times.

''We feel this action is appropriate and are confident all parties involved understand our position on this matter and will move forward appropriately,'' NASCAR said in a statement.

Childress, who dodged a suspension from NASCAR, was upset that Busch had bumped into Joey Coulter on the cool-down lap after the race.
He said in a statement that he accepts the penalty, but he did not apologize for his actions.
''First of all, I'm responsible for my actions, plain and simple,'' he said. ''As you know, I am a very principled person and have a passion for what we do at Richard Childress Racing. I believe passionately in defending my race teams and my sponsor partners. In this instance, I let that passion and my emotions get the best of me.
''I accept the penalty NASCAR announced today and, as a company, we will now focus on this week's races at Pocono Raceway and Texas Motor Speedway.''
It's not clear what probation means in relation to Childress as a car owner. Generally considered to be nothing more than a slap on the wrist, NASCAR chairman Brian France defined probation last month as ''a different set of eyes and expectations'' for drivers, adding they would have limited flexibility on the race track.
For Childress, it could only mean he must stay away from Busch for the rest of the year.
Busch and Kevin Harvick, RCR's top driver, have feuded on and off for years, and the tension was reignited last month after a race at Darlington. A move by Busch late in the race caused Harvick to wreck with teammate Clint Bowyer, and Harvick tried to express his displeasure after stopping his car in front of Busch on pit road after the race.

Harvick tried to punch Busch while Busch was still seated in his car, but Busch instead rammed Harvick's car out of the way so he could drive off. Harvick's car turned into the pit road wall.
Both Busch and Harvick were fined $25,000 each for the incident, and placed on probation through June 15.
But it was apparently the final straw for Childress, who let it be known he would not tolerate Busch damaging any more RCR equipment. So after racing Coulter hard in the closing laps at Kansas on Saturday, Busch bumped into the 21-year-old on the cool-down lap, presumably to show his displeasure over something Coulter had done during the race.
The act is fairly common in racing, and likely happens between two drivers following every event.
Still, it appeared to be the final straw for Childress, who according to some reports, removed his watch and handed it to grandson Austin Dillon before approaching Busch.

beat down by a grandpa now that is a priceless moment. Where is the Youtube video?

beat down by a grandpa now that is a priceless moment. Where is the Youtube video?

Found it!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDuttuq_Noo"]YouTube - ‪NASCAR Richard Childress Punches Kyle Busch Kansas Speedway 6.4.11‬‏[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDJnJ_6FDyw&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Kyle Busch Brings His Face To A Fistfight‬‏[/ame]

Love it!! 65 year ol' grandpa lays the boot to him!! LOL

yeah, because I'm sure Busch fought back with all his might.

"Nascar driver beats the living crap out of 65 year old man" would go over real big.
It would be the same backlash as when that old Yankees coach attacked a player and the player pushed him to the ground, and then was vilified for assaulting 'an old man'.

Kyle Busch probably has a tough time beating his own johnson! :)

Kyle Busch probably has a tough time beating his own johnson! :)

Now that is some funny chat! Just more reasons to hate Kyle. Hey I ain't 65 but I'm 56 and would welcome Kyle to bring his A came and beat up this "Ole Man". More than a few have found out I'm a lot easier to grab a hold of than I am to turn loose of! kyle is a POS!

just nascar's new staging to gain people to watch the drama. seems like WWE to me

Oh boo hoo he hit me ...

Seems to me they are trying to make Busch the bad guy and they have been working on the bad guy since he started racing in the big leagues ... i.e. intimidator

are you F'n guys kidding, Childress assaults him and hey that's great because
YOU DONT LIKE A BUSCH???? what a bunch of horsesh*t

quite frankly i think busch was more of a man about it than you guys would ever be,
since childress assaulted him he could have filed charges against the "ole man" as you put it and like a MAN he just said let nascar handle it, which they did as evidenced by the probation and pretty damn large fine as nascar fines go.

-----as my "OLE MAN" used to tell me-----

you may be the big dog now but eventually a bigger dog always comes along

Looks like Busch started it on the track and Childress finished it in the pits.
And its a shame whiney *** kids never learned how to settle a matter man to man.
All they can do is call the cop or hide behind a lawyers dress.
Around here its a time honoured way to make a point. They sit in front on thier TV and live thier life through somebody else's lives, Crybabies!
Real life gets your hands dirty and your knuckles busted.
Childress warned him and backed up his warning with knuckles and cash.
THE MANS GOT MY RESPECT!

If I have to tell you to stop more than twice, I will rattle your ivorys for ya the third time, so I know I've got your attention.

Attachments

• 01010601150301030420080229d7cbceebb4a5d38e3a00dc9c.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 102
are you F'n guys kidding, Childress assaults him and hey that's great because
YOU DONT LIKE A BUSCH???? what a bunch of horsesh*t

quite frankly i think busch was more of a man about it than you guys would ever be,
since childress assaulted him he could have filed charges against the "ole man" as you put it and like a MAN he just said let nascar handle it, which they did as evidenced by the probation and pretty damn large fine as nascar fines go.

-----as my "OLE MAN" used to tell me-----

you may be the big dog now but eventually a bigger dog always comes along

Kyle Busch has had this coming for a while, I love it. I hope he gets a few more "*** whoopins" soon, and if it is someone's wife that did it next time, that would be even sweeter.

**** the Toyota drivin baby faced POS, ****OLE.

Kid is lucky he is not racing in the Yarborough/Allison days.

What I was thinking that the whole time I was writing my rant,
although another Dale would be fun.
Busch aint got the cajones or skills to pull it off.

An up front and personal encounter will usually clear the air
of any doubts or questions.

-
Back