bushing advise

-

GeorgeGerhard

Reaction score
I took apart my front end today to replace the upper and lower control arm bushings.
I purchased from Summit the energy suspension bushings. The uppers came with shells, but the lowers are just the bushing. They provided a lube to be used.
I have read on this forum people complaining of terrible squeaking with these bushings, and that if I use this bushings for the lower arms the control arm will not be aligned properly.
I guess I would like to hear some opinions before I install these bushings
thank you
George

I took apart my front end today to replace the upper and lower control arm bushings.
I purchased from Summit the energy suspension bushings. The uppers came with shells, but the lowers are just the bushing. They provided a lube to be used.
I have read on this forum people complaining of terrible squeaking with these bushings, and that if I use this bushings for the lower arms the control arm will not be aligned properly.
I guess I would like to hear some opinions before I install these bushings
thank you
George

The LCA bushings are just sometimes tough to fit in the old shells. I had a heck of time. I had to carefully grind the OD of my bushings and I polished the inside shell and pin OD. I don't have much squeaking from mine. And I did mine in 1997.

When you tighten the strut rod bushings it pull the lower control arm over the poly bushing. There may be a gap between the bushing and K-frame. But you need to tighten the strut rod bushing at ride height with the cars weight on it.

There was a guy here that still had a gap. I think he bought adjustable strut rods or cut the rear poly bushing and sleeve down 3/16". The poly strut bushing is thicker than stock and that doesn't help things.

-
Back