bushings

-

hamsterhats

Reaction score
I was underneath taking the oil pan off for a new gasket, fresh filter and oil and i came upon this. The bushings in the steering system are crushed. Can someone tell me what bushings i need? Is there a bushing kit for just the steering components. Every time I set out to do a project, something else needs to be done "while i'm at it"! Btw, the oil filter is marked with a hand written "06-14-04" Uhhhhhhhhhh, that is not good!

IMG_0141.JPG

IMG_0142.JPG

IMG_0143.JPG

I believe what your refering to are the seals . If they are not torn and leaking grease and contaminates can't get in I'd leave them alone . Even when new they will crush down and distort .You would have to disassemble everything to replace which would probably mean a suspension re-build ,alignment ETC.
JMO

Yeah those are flexable grease boots knda like a cv joint boot. Looks like everything shown could use a shot of grease. With a hand operated grease gun, give every zerk fitting 2 full pump strokes. If you see grease or water come out of the boot that part should be replaced. Replacing just the boot is a waste of time and money. Good luck

greased everything up, the fram filter is gone(it may have been replaced by another fram!)

-
Back