Business ideas

-

wirenut

Reaction score
What are your best automotive related business ideas?
I'm looking to start a second business, but want something interesting and in the automotive field as I want to enter my retirement years doing something with cars as that is my passion.

Retrofitting garages. Doing "Garage Makeovers".

Most of the clientele are well to do, and you don't even need to own a tool or have any skills, other than organizational skills. Everything can be done using subcontractors.

From design ( usually the customer already knows what he/she wants) to turning over the keys, it can be completely hands off, or you can be fully involved.

Profit margins are in the 30-50 percent range, and finished jobs will normally be in the $25000 to $50,000 range, and we done a couple that were over $100,000.00.

you can come help me swap a V8 into my duster
but profits margins will be, well, marginal

Scrap metal is high. Buy you a wrecker and trailer and go for it.

Retrofitting garages. Doing "Garage Makeovers".

Most of the clientele are well to do, and you don't even need to own a tool or have any skills, other than organizational skills. Everything can be done using subcontractors.

From design ( usually the customer already knows what he/she wants) to turning over the keys, it can be completely hands off, or you can be fully involved.

Profit margins are in the 30-50 percent range, and finished jobs will normally be in the $25000 to $50,000 range, and we done a couple that were over $100,000.00.

Frankie do you have any pics of some you have done? My wife thinks she wants to buy and flip houses but with my back and neck problems I don't think so. Big gamble also with mortgage money getting tighter.

Garage+Makeover.jpg

Prestige-Garage-32-e1337475985544.jpg

39015b6a339695985058cb54c3679210.jpg

small-garage-makeover-ideas.jpg

Attitude2.jpg

10cd5e5c5a853703d4b2ddaa84432b47.jpg

don't know what part of the country you are in, that makes a lot of diference.

the aftermarket Mopar parts deal has been " cottage" industry for long time, I assume it still is?

what?? something you have skill, knowledge, and interest in doing or making. people don't or can't do themselves. willing to spend the money to send you something to " fix" or redo? making a part that's needed for enough cars to be viable?

with all the interest in slants and the potential for more power w ith a turbo. is it a possibility for someone to make an affordable, kit that also looks like it could be factory engineered, and not what Jethro would have built!???? just one idea. slant people tend to ne "conservative" so it would need to be realistically priced????

(those garages are awesome!!! they even make my home look rather "plain"! LOl

don't know what part of the country you are in, that makes a lot of diference.

the aftermarket Mopar parts deal has been " cottage" industry for long time, I assume it still is?

what?? something you have skill, knowledge, and interest in doing or making. people don't or can't do themselves. willing to spend the money to send you something to " fix" or redo? making a part that's needed for enough cars to be viable?

with all the interest in slants and the potential for more power w ith a turbo. is it a possibility for someone to make an affordable, kit that also looks like it could be factory engineered, and not what Jethro would have built!???? just one idea. slant people tend to ne "conservative" so it would need to be realistically priced????

(those garages are awesome!!! they even make my home look rather "plain"!

LOl
Interesting point of view . I'm in the northeast and was thinking along the lines of purchasing an existing business rather than start up. I'm putting the feeler out to see if there's an idea I'm not thinking of. In a perfect world the business would accommodate restoring or otherwise flipping collector cars . My first thought was a body shop..... But again maybe I'm missing something

Look at getting someone to help you produce those A body parts that are impossible to find, like quarter panel patch panels for 66 valiants, and after market fenders for 66 valiants.

-
Back