Buss bar???

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Might not be the proper term. I may be building a harness for my bike soon. It will have a Bosch style relay for the starter, a 30 amp (?) main breaker feeding three 15 amp circuits, one for the ignition, another for the head/tail light and a third for the signals. Years ago I used a contraption to connect the feed of a main breaker to the other ones to avoid running wires from the main to each breaker. Have done a quick internet search for a "buss bar" and came up empty. Can someone help me out please????

$%28KGrHqF,%21rEE88gWlDmiBPVVzv2rcw%7E%7E60_35.JPG
car audio guys use these which are called "Distribution Blocks" Ebay's your source.$7-$15
You can also make one out or some scrap copper, This is one of three for the grounding system.In my case there is one in each compartment of the car and everything has a home run to a buss bar.
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000266.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 251
Something like this?

View attachment 1714612315

Bus bar?

Nope...picture the strap from a universal exhaust hanger, think it is called Plumbers tape. It is just a simple strap that goes form post to post of the breakers.....

$%28KGrHqF,%21rEE88gWlDmiBPVVzv2rcw%7E%7E60_35.JPG
car audio guys use these which are called "Distribution Blocks" Ebay's your source.$7-$15
You can also make one out or some scrap copper, This is one of three for the grounding system.In my case there is one in each compartment of the car and everything has a home run to a buss bar.
Andrew

Scrap copper, thanks for rattling my brain. That is what I ended up using last time......

Nope...picture the strap from a universal exhaust hanger, think it is called Plumbers tape.

OK, I know what you are talking about. I believe they sell it in small rolls, made of copper. It is referred to as "plumbers tape". Why, is a whole nuther topic, lol.

OK, I know what you are talking about. I believe they sell it in small rolls, made of copper. It is referred to as "plumbers tape". Why, is a whole nuther topic, lol.

Never understood that......:wack:

Go to Aircraft Spruces web site and search buss bar. They sell them in several sizes to connect circuit breakers together or if you can find a strip of copper, you can make your own.

Here is a picture of some circuit breakers and a buss bar I had laying around. These take up very little space and you can cut the bar to the length you want.

Attachments

• Buss bar 005.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 206
-
Back