Buying a 1968 Charger

-
Going to buy a 1968 Dodge Charger tommorrow. I plan on parting it out cause it is rusty but then again, I never looked underneath at the frame and floors so maybe I won't part it.

Question, if I part it does anyone mind if I list some parts here? I know it is a B-body but it is still a Mopar. Otherwise I will join up over at FBBO and peddle it there. Thanks 8)

stay away from FBBO.................. sell them here! 8)

You don't have to kill for it, I would sell it to ya! :cheers:

Believe me, this car is rusty, :angry7: I will get pics of the rot.

It looks as if you got pretty lucky......... lucky that it didn't split in 2 when you dragged it home! I miss my Burgundy 68 R/T...........

I believe that theres rot and rust there, someone tackling this project would have their hands full. But i would look at it as an investment. The worth of these cars years from now even in that condition should be through the roof!

Those tires really make the car! Kinda has that Rat Rod look. Please do not even think of making a general Lee out of it, there are too many already ( I like the GL, just that there are enough of them)

A good rust free 4-door b-body would get you most of the floorboard, truck floor and any frame rails you need, then you could part the 4-door out..

The only thing I'm missing on my 68 Charger is the turn signal lenses in the hood. Painted it 20 years ago...why did I wait?

If you do part it out I'd be interested in those (even though I only seen the right one)

Pretty uncommon to not have a rust hole in the corners of the rear windshield...would be nice to see it back on the road.

Looks like your grille is a 69? Cool Steering wheel, that will help with the "light" steering they have!

Reminds me of the hacked-up Charger in the computer game Half-Life 2: Episode 2

half-life-2-episode-2-screenshot-big.jpg

A good rust free 4-door b-body would get you most of the floorboard, truck floor and any frame rails you need, then you could part the 4-door out..

Keith..... Get your saw's all out and have at it! It looks like a 318 2bbl car and if it is its not worth the 30k it would cost you to put it back together. (unless your the best body guy in the world) I hate, just hate to see cars get hacked apart but sometimes it has to be done. 8)

Those pics bring back memories of my 68 I once had. It wasn't in that bad of condition however when I bought it for $1200. That's a 68 with a 69 grill.

I cant wait to see the pics of the rot. She's a real beauty in the rough

Wanna see rot? :-D Here ya go :cheers:

Keith..... Get your saw's all out and have at it! It looks like a 318 2bbl car and if it is its not worth the 30k it would cost you to put it back together. (unless your the best body guy in the world) I hate, just hate to see cars get hacked apart but sometimes it has to be done. 8)

Already started....EVERY good part will be saved, my friend needs the roof for his factory 70 440+6 Charger R/T, Hemi orange baby 8)

This car is way too gone. I know some people would take it on but not me. The entire undercarriage is rotton or gone, rot in the front frame rails, left rear frame rail is gone, seat fell thru the floor, hell, the passenger side torsion bar fell out onto the trailer while we were loading it up, entire cross member is gone too. Stepped in the trunk floor and went into the gas tank, which is also rusted thru.

I wish it wernt so rusty, but I don't think I could part out a rust free 4-door to save this car, those are cool too, plus, if everybody hacks them up, they will be more rare than a Hemi car. Every good part will be saved on this car and will recieve a new start on someones elses car, someone can really use this stuff.

Picture 128.jpg

Picture 129.jpg

Picture 130.jpg

Picture 131.jpg

Picture 132.jpg

Picture 133.jpg

Picture 134.jpg

Picture 135.jpg

Picture 140.jpg

That is pretty bad rusty... I'd hack up a 4-door anytime to save a 2-door, "if saveable"... Don't think a 318 4-door will ever catch up with a hemi cars value, unless the 4-door came with a hemi..

O.o Thats rust at its finest. "work it for me baby, now pout, now do that thing where you rust and fall apart over the period of the next 42 years...yeah"

Thats a real shame. Glad to hear its being put to good use. I hope evem the rear valance gets used if thats not rusted out too

I just came in the house, pulled off all the window trim and drip rail trim tonight. 66340sedan wasn't kidding about the rust...!

I just came in the house, pulled off all the window trim and drip rail trim tonight. 66340sedan wasn't kidding about the rust...!

Didn't take much to pull it either, did it?

Ever get the roof off for the other project?

-
Back