Buying A Car

-

BarracudaWild68

Reaction score
Hello. I don't know where to go with this question, here on the forums. There is a car I want to buy from Cal. How do I handle the transaction so I wont get burnt? Do I send the money first, like through a bank wire and then get the title and bill o' sale from the seller. Sign the paperwork and then send it back to him to sign?

I bought a car from out of state and paid I local shop to inspect the car first (so I didn't get screwed). The mechanic that inspected the car told me that he would buy the car if I didn't!! I paid $75 for the inspection, I thought that was very little to know what I was buying. The car turned out to be much better than I expected.

Hello. I don't know where to go with this question, here on the forums. There is a car I want to buy from Cal. How do I handle the transaction so I wont get burnt? Do I send the money first, like through a bank wire and then get the title and bill o' sale from the seller. Sign the paperwork and then send it back to him to sign?

What part of California? I'm in SoCal. I could go take a look and pic and look at specific areas of concern if you have any.

Don’t buy anything you haven’t seen in person. It’s worth couple hundred bucks plane ticket.

There are escrow companies you can use.

There is an escrow method where you put in the money, the car gets shipped, when the car arrives and is inspected by you, the funds are released to the seller. If the car doesn’t pass inspection, I don’t know how that works , but I would assume that you pay a shipping fee to have the car returned or something of the like.

What part of California? I'm in SoCal. I could go take a look and pic and look at specific areas of concern if you have any.
Hey, thanks, but he did send lots of pics. We have talked quite a bit and he has told me what is wrong with the car. I understand that it is rust-free and all that the brakes need total work. The interior is pretty much toast. If you want to look at it for me, how much dough would you want? It is in San Bernadino.

Hey, thanks, but he did send lots of pics. We have talked quite a bit and he has told me what is wrong with the car. I understand that it is rust-free and all that the brakes need total work. The interior is pretty much toast. If you want to look at it for me, how much dough would you want? It is in San Bernadino.

It be Free99! My son and I could go look and video or Factime you while we look at the car. We are always looking for a car adventure. Depending on where in San Berdo it wouldn't be too much of a drive for us, I'm in Corona/Riverside City area. Also it would depend on how soon need it done and my schedule? I'd be happy to help out.

Calipag, it is in the 92407 area code. I can ask him if you can come look at it. I do have his address now.
It looks like it would take 45 mins., according to Google Maps.

Calipag, it is in the 92407 area code. I can ask him if you can come look at it. I do have his address now.
It looks like it would take 45 mins., according to Google Maps.

Sure ask him and see if that would be ok. Also, put together a list of specific things you'd like looked at or may be a concern. You can email me at [email protected] and we will exchange info and arrange a time that works.

There is an escrow method where you put in the money, the car gets shipped, when the car arrives and is inspected by you, the funds are released to the seller. If the car doesn’t pass inspection, I don’t know how that works , but I would assume that you pay a shipping fee to have the car returned or something of the like.

I used an escrow service when I bought my '69 Dart a few years ago. It was relatively painless and I was comfortable knowing my payment funds were safe until I received, reviewed and approved of the car.
Highly recommended.

-
Back