buying a convertor

-

71swing

Reaction score
I have realize how important the right convertor is from past. That old saying (You get what you pay for). So what brands do you guys think are the best out there. What brand can I rely on.

Dynamic is the way to go. look around here, because there is a post you would be interested in about dynamic converters.

mopowers said:
Dynamic is the way to go. look around here, because there is a post you would be interested in about dynamic converters.
I've personally had problems with $1200+ converters, and so have some of my customers. Not saying they are all bad, but sometimes you need to really look at what you're buying/getting for your dollar spent. Also look at customer service and turn around time when choosing a converter.

The biggest thing about ordering a converter is to supply the converter manufacture with all of the pertinent information on your combination. Fill out the information sheet, and let them know what your intended use is for the vehicle whether it's street/strip or strictly race, and what your E.T. and MPH goals are.

For what it's worth, my company sells US Torque Converters and also PTC Torque Converters. Both converter manufactures fill a certain niche for my cliental as one type of converter isn't the best for every application.

Hope this helps some, and good luck!

I run a $650 9 1/2" Dynamic that flashes to 3,800rpm. footbrakes to 3,500rpm before spinning, and doesnt turn 1rpm more than my cheap 2,500stall converter did cruising down the freeway. Daily driven. Came highly recommended.

I have used Dynamic and Turbo Action. The Dynamic was a $300 off the shelf 10" that worked well behind my 440. The Turbo Action is a 8" that flashes to 4200rpms and was custom built for someone elses car but worked well with my. Im going to send the T/A back to be freshend up and updated. Its 20 years old and for the $450 they charge for the update it beats buying a new $1000 converter.

Like Chris said, most converter companies will be fine if you give them accurate info. Dynamic, T/A, ATI or PTC would be my choices though.

for my application dynamic fit the bill - ati would not recommend thier converters with my setup - 400 hp and 3.23's. - they said it would overheat - and i appreciate thier honesty!

dynamic said thier effieicnt design would work great for me - and it did!

another vote for calling Sean at dynamic!

-
Back