Bye Bye 383-S Barracuda

-

rklein383

Reaction score
My 383-s fastback which I have owned for 25 years is on its way to a new owner.

The guy buying it had a very similar car when he was younger, is now recently retired, is very excited about buying the car.

I hope he loves the car as much as I have.

On to my next project!

Attachments

• IMG_1649.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 529
I am not sure I could have parted with that. I hope you got a ton for it.

I don't know what your definition of a "ton" is but I think I got a fair price for a really nice driver quality car.

The A-body barracudas just don't bring the price that the E-bodies and B-bodies bring, even if it is an original big block car.

So what are you trying to say? Are they like Rodney Dangerfield? lol

A tuff call to let that big block car go after all these years I bet, something tell me it found a good home :glasses7:

I almost teared up when it went away. It is a gorgeous car and I have spent a lot of hours working on it. It has been with me in five states, CA, CO, WA, ID, and TX. I spent a lot of time deciding whether to sell it or not. I can't afford two Mopars and I really wanted to build a 71 Barracuda like the 71 Cuda I had in high school.

Sure is a beautiful car. I drooled over it at 'Mopars in the Canyon' the year before last. I too would have had a hard time letting her go, but I understand wanting the e-body from high school.. Good luck with your new build. Keep us posted.

Sure is a beautiful car. I drooled over it at 'Mopars in the Canyon' the year before last. I too would have had a hard time letting her go, but I understand wanting the e-body from high school.. Good luck with your new build. Keep us posted.

Missed you last year at the Canyon. I will be there again, probably without a car. I might be able to drive my son's 67 notchback if he get's it going. He will be at College so he can't bring it.

Rod,

Best of luck with the new venture. Hard to let them go when you have owned them so long!

If you can only have one, then I see your point.

Given what I reviewed this week, I would have no issue selling the Barracuda to get this GEM! My first was a 69 RR and this would replace it just nicely!

Rod,

Best of luck with the new venture. Hard to let them go when you have owned them so long!

If you can only have one, then I see your point.

Given what I reviewed this week, I would have no issue selling the Barracuda to get this GEM! My first was a 69 RR and this would replace it just nicely!

Thanks!

I just bought a Fastback, if I could of came up with some more, that would have been the car. It is a beauty.

I know it's hard to let them go, but good on you! You put your blood, sweat, and tears into it...and you enjoyed and loved it.

I'm sure it will be taken good care of and now you'll be able to start on your next dream!!

Thanks for all the compliments.

It was fun to have it for so long, just like I had a blast with my 71 Cuda in high school. For me, half the fun is working on it. So I look forward to building my 71 Barracuda I bought a couple of months back.

Was a very nice looking car, I liked it with the 440-6 in it. I agree with you in half the fun is building it... I almost enjoy working on them more... Can't go wrong with a 71 barracuda

Was a very nice looking car, I liked it with the 440-6 in it. I agree with you in half the fun is building it... I almost enjoy working on them more... Can't go wrong with a 71 barracuda

The 440-6 ran very strong and was a blast to drive. I seemed to get more interest and it sold for more with the matching number 383 in it.

The 440-6 ran very strong and was a blast to drive. I seemed to get more interest and it sold for more with the matching number 383 in it.

Someone should of bought it with the 440-6. Had a great motor to run around and still would of had the original 383 to build. Then at the point swap the 383 and made money with the 440-6. Good to hear you got more for it with the 383. I thought it was priced very well on ebay.

Post pictures of the 71 with your progress.

Someone should of bought it with the 440-6. Had a great motor to run around and still would of had the original 383 to build. Then at the point swap the 383 and made money with the 440-6. Good to hear you got more for it with the 383. I thought it was priced very well on ebay.

Post pictures of the 71 with your progress.

think I`d rather have the 68-or7-or9 what ever it was. the 70 and 71-2 are tanks, just like the old belveders- satelites-gtx`s. used to run d and e automatic class.

think I`d rather have the 68-or7-or9 what ever it was. the 70 and 71-2 are tanks, just like the old belveders- satelites-gtx`s. used to run d and e automatic class.

That is what is cool about muscle cars in general - Everyone has their favorite and everyone has an opinion.

My first car was a 71 Cuda, so to me, it has always been my favorite.

So I show my 18 year old daughter my new 71 Barracuda, she says, "it's kind of hefty" LOL

-
Back