C body brakes

-

needsaresto

Reaction score
So I was pulling nuts and bolts from my 400 donor C body today.

I was looking at the brakes. Those things are massive!!! Im wondering if the rotors and calipers could be adapted somehow to my 1970 Dart. I have both drum and disc spindles for sbp brakes.I dont believe the C body spindle will work but perhaps the rotors and hubs from the C body could be adapted to one of the spindles I have. I also need to change to bbp so this would kill 2 birds with one stone. I will be yanking all the brakes,front and rear to see if it can be made to work and also have a machinist and a great partsman on my team.
We shall see. Any advice or personal experience is appreciated.

Thanks all!!

My advice is to go to the Mopar Action magazine website (just google it) and look at the interchangability for your set up. It is a good article and should give you what you need to do a swap, if possible.
Just click on the "disco tech" portion and it'll set you up.
E booger knows his stuff.....
Tom.

I went there and just had to print eveything....looks like it just might be doable because the c bodies went to unicast rotors and hubd like all other mopars in 73. Im in luck as my donor is a 78. I'll have to measure those rotors.There freakin huge!!

Not sure it's worth the hassles, those are some pretty tall spindles on 'C' bodies.
In drag racing, it's a lot of un-sprung weight in the wrong place, too.

Mark.

Wasnt going to sue the spindles at all. Was going to see if the c bodt rotors abd calipers could be adapted to the stcok "10 drum spindles. I also have KH 4 piston spindles. Im thinking about looking around for 73-74 e body knuckles and or 73-76 A body knuckles. Im going to steer away from the taller f,m,j knuckles. The idea here is to keep the swap simple and not alter suspension geometry.

My parts buddy thinks its entirely possible with the drum spindles. they may need to be turned down but theres lots of adjustabilty by finding the right wheel bearing combo. Then it would be just a matter of machining a caliper adapter.

Im very determined to see if this can be done simply and cheaply. Imagine the possibilites if we could almost bolt on brakes for a 5000 lb car to our A bodies.

And yes,I would market the adaptors!

-
Back