C Body Dana

-

marksmopars

Reaction score
So why shouldn't I narrow my c body dana to fit my 70 swinger project? This is a budget car and I own a dana 60 with 4:10 posi in it from a chrysler 300. Looking at the cost of a a body posi either dana or 8 3/4 it seems likely narrowing the one I have is the low budget route. I don't know much about rear axles etc, so thought I would ask if I am buying problems down the road? Any thoughts out there on this subject, or perhaps a reference to a previous discussion?

You might want to post pics of your c body dana being they never used danas stock in c bodys. IMHO

I would be interested in what C body the dana came from.

You might want to post pics of your c body dana being they never used danas stock in c bodys. IMHO

I will see if I can get some pics, unit is still sitting in the 65 300L it came in. Pics later if I can get a decent one, thanks for the data all you guys are great.

They did put Dana 60 in C bodies. There's a original 69 440 4 Spd Dana 60 car that i've seen up here

I'd like to see that one myself! All I've ever seen in a '65 300L was an 8 3/4. Sure this wasn't a transplant of some sort? What does it measure?

After the 8 3/4 ended, the C-bodies used either a 10 bolt (8 1/4") or a 12 bolt (9 1/4") rear end.....neither of which is a Dana 60.....

After the 8 3/4 ended, the C-bodies used either a 10 bolt (8 1/4") or a 12 bolt (9 1/4") rear end.....neither of which is a Dana 60.....

I have been communicating with mrmopartech on this matter and received the information I need to positively identify this unit, preliminary analysis is that the unit is a factory dana 60, but I will post photos once they become available in support of knowledge for all. Right now the entire car is in my back yard, has been for 25 years, but soon destined to go inside for the purpose of parting out. I would thank all for the thoughtful input, it is greatly appreciated.

I'd be VERY surprised if it was a factory deal, but as always, with Chrysler... God knows...lol.

To verify that it is a dana 60,like I told mark,I need pictures and measurements of the bolt holes and cover design.Can this diff be order in 1965,YES,its put under special order items code 9 in the option code listing.I have asked for the build sheet to confirm one way or the other if its a true factory installed unit.Have I seen it yet,NO,but like moper said,just about anything is possible with mopar.To prove this point,I had some one in Ontario,Canada call be about a A body dart police car with a 340 4 speed and a Dana,and he had the build sheet and all the extra factory wiring for spot lights and radio and the extra equipment for a cop car and the option code for the dana,So it can be true,mrmopartech

-
Back