c-body exhaust manifolds???

-
I have a REAL nice driver's side C body hipo manifold just sittin on the shelf.

kimmer
thanks for the info! what motor/manifold/body combos have you put together? mine is gonna be a Demon/440/non-hi po '66 manifolds (with biscuit mounts and manual steering & brakes). whatd'ya think?

64cuda
thanks for the heads up, if i cant use the manifolds from my new yorker, i might just take you up on those... :)

EXHAUST MANIFOLDS IN GENERAL:
So pretty much almost any passenger side manifold will work from what i hear. And as far as Driver side manifolds go, obviously theres the big block A-body manifolds (man some guy had a pair of these manifolds for sale at the Spring Fling today for $1000, yikes!!!) , and hi-po B-Body manifolds that work as well. Im gonna find out in the next few weeks if my non hi-po '66 New Yorker manifolds will fit and hopefully kimmer can add a few more combos to the list. also, if anyone one else has used or seen a certain exhaust manifold combo work, feel free to chime in (but please, no guesses or suggestions, lets keep this list strictly factual. maybe some day the mods can sticky this thread for everyone else to use as a reference and save a fellow mopar freak some dough on his/her project. so if you personally used or saw the set up, add it in! if you "wonder" or "heard of it working", thats cool too but save that for another thread. id hate to be responsible for someone spending money on the wrong manifold because someone contaminated this list with bad info) ANYWAY, enough of that, heres what we have that will FOR SURE work so far:

FACTORY COMBOS (manual brakes/manual steering/V8 K-Frame)
- Drivers Side
"B" motor-specific manifolds (383 Darts, etc)
"RB" motor-specific manifolds (M-code '67- '69 440 Barracudas)

Passenger Side
need clarification here: factory big block cars were only produced from '67 to '69 correct? (or were there any factory '70 and up Demon/Duster/Darts?) so following that logic, the only available B/C body manifolds for the factory to experiment with were the pre-1970 manifolds correct? does anyone know for sure if the manifolds used were the hi-po manifolds or were they the standard manifolds?

well there isnt much, but heres all the info i personally know to be true. Hopefully someone can come through and verify the passenger side questions and along with any combos Kimmer might be able to add, we might actually have something useful here. Thanks in advance to anybody that helps this thread out!!!!!!!

So lets kick things off right with everyone using the same format with their manifold combos (year/car/motor/k-frame/mount set up and then what year/body manifolds were used and whether or not they were hi-po manifolds)

man, i feel a sticky coming on here!!!!

............I dont think ur stockers will work with the 440, i've never tried, as the HP ones barely fit.......the logs work with the B blocks[383-400].........every car is different, works on some , not others......there is lots of threags over on big block dart dot com in the tech section.........kim..........

i [picked up a 71 scamp that had a 383 in it, with a modified /6 k-frame, and it had a set of the 73 hi-po c- body manifolds on it, and they were easy to take off, with minumal room, but did fir nicely none the less.

i think a certain c body hp manifold will work. i remember seeing one on an a body.

-
Back