-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracy S

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for a 70 -73 C body or B body wagon, or a 72-74 truck 8 3/4 rear. Complete only, drum to drum. Shock plates would be nice too, but not necessary. I am willing to pick up within reason from NE Pa. I will be at Carlisle. Let me know, and thanks for your help. Keith

I have a friend with a few C bods and prolly has what you want,but we are in southern B.C.

Damn, I have a b-body I have been trying to get rid of. Complete, mostly new parts. But I live in KY. Probley to far of a drive?

I have one in a 1971 Chrysler New yorker that we are parting out in 16901.
101_6460.jpg

I am actually looking for this rear for a stepside pickup. According to a Moparts tech article, 71 to 73 B body wagons, 70 to 73 C bodies minus the Imperial, and 72 to 74 trucks share the same dimensions. The only difference may be the pads, but the springs are relocated on my truck and I will have to weld new perches on anyway. I would really like to put a narrowed rear under it, but then the cost starts to add up.

3404Speed, how about a price, drum to drum with shock mounts? Also, do you know what center, 489, 741,... or gears or if it is sure grip? These are not deciding factors because I am looking to run 430's or 456's.

I have a housing and axles, 56 1/2" flange to flange, with the perches already taken off and have new perches to go with it. A friend of mine also has a set of 4.30 gears for the 742 housing if you wanted them also. Let me know if I can help. I might be able to get them to Carlisle but NE PA isn't that far.

Ken
Edsion, NJ

This is a completely rebuilt 65 b body rear end rear end with fresh 3:91 clutch s.g. center with big yoke, regular axles with long studs, new green bearings all new brake parts and fine lines stainless brake lines. Have a new pair of perches that could go with it. Was built for 66 Satellite that I had to sell. Ready to bolt in. Located N.E. Ohio $1100 will buy it. Looks like pics didn't come through will try again. *** Says file too large. If interested please PM with email and I will send pics.

Sorry, the truck that I have is tubbed with a stock width rear and massively offset rims. I am trying to avoid having to buy new rims, so I want to keep the stock width. If I have to buy new rims, I would pick up a narrowed rear ( like 30 inches drum to drum). The specs that I have show that a 71 - 73 B body wagon, a 70 - 73 C body car or wagon, and a 72 - 74 D100, were all available with 8 3/4 rears and are all the same width.

flange to flange width is 59 7/16"

drum to drum width is 64 3/8"

Here are some pics so you could see what I mean.....

HPIM2008.jpg

HPIM2009.jpg

HPIM2010.jpg

HPIM2011.jpg

HPIM2012.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back