c-clip eliminator

-

moparboy340

Reaction score
hey guys,
im new to the site, ive browsed through
the forums before and found lots of useful info, finally needed some of my own questions answered. so here it goes, i have a 70 dart with a 8 1/4 rear with 3.55 richmond gears and a sure-grip. i was just wondering if anyone knew of anyone who makes c-clip eliminators for this axle, and where to get them.

i have a 8 1/4 with a 4.10 gear,strange spool and axles, and c lip eliminators. i bought the housing,spool,and axles at a swap meet. the best of what i can tell they either sent the housing to strange and they welded a 8 3/4 bearing housing,c clip eliminator on each end of it. if strange didn,t do it a very well abled machine shop got the call. easiet way i can tell you is to call strange, cause i have never seen another setup like mine, dumb luck i ran upon it. either way i have a 8 1/4 with the same axle bearing setup as the 83/4 do with good strange axles and spool, i took all the brake components off the original 8 1/4 that was first in it and put it on the other housing . works great hope this was some help. good luck :blob:

-
Back