Ca, drag strip

-

Burntorange70

Reaction score
I am looking for a new place to run my car at. LACR has closed up for good now I have no place to go and have fun and see what my car will do. I was looking for a 1/4 mile track that has a test and tune or run what you brung night and would like to get into some local guy bracket racing. Is there a track near Temecula CA, I was hoping not to have to drive more than two hours if I don't have to.

Thanks for your help.

I am looking for a new place to run my car at. LACR has closed up for good now I have no place to go and have fun and see what my car will do. I was looking for a 1/4 mile track that has a test and tune or run what you brung night and would like to get into some local guy bracket racing. Is there a track near Temecula CA, I was hoping not to have to drive more than two hours if I don't have to.

Thanks for your help.
California speedway in Fontana.

Irwindale is an 1/8 I am looking for a 1/4. I called Fontana. Thay have street leagle day's, but not weekly from the sound of it. It sounds crouded to me. The lady said thay thake the first 450 car's and that the last time thay did a street leagle day thay had 700 car's show up. Has any on been out on one of these day's? Is it that bad or do you still get to run quit a bit. I am going to miss LACR you could go up there every wenesday night. There were only 40 to 50 car's and you could get in a bunch of runs in no time. Has anyone heard if the LACR guy has found a new location for a new track yet or did he give up.

Irwindale is an 1/8 I am looking for a 1/4. I called Fontana. Thay have street leagle day's, but not weekly from the sound of it. It sounds crouded to me. The lady said thay thake the first 450 car's and that the last time thay did a street leagle day thay had 700 car's show up. Has any on been out on one of these day's? Is it that bad or do you still get to run quit a bit. I am going to miss LACR you could go up there every wenesday night. There were only 40 to 50 car's and you could get in a bunch of runs in no time. Has anyone heard if the LACR guy has found a new location for a new track yet or did he give up.
Never been to Irwindale,just drive by it :angel9:

Well I can count my blessing's :rock:
Memphis motor sports just 1 hour away has thursday night test and tune
And 1 fraklin per to reaction time my .02 lost slip I did was better than not getting paid.:-\" I deep stage 00. and trip the tree.8)

Then 15 miles away I have a fun small 1/8 mile track to play with the tree with, And see a butch off folks having a great time.

LIFE 147.jpg

LIFE 145.jpg

LIFE 146.jpg

1111bill.jpg

:munky2:

Shuttered tracks, restricted access, special events only.....

And those dumb asses running LA and the surrounding counties wonder and wonder why there's a street racing problem...

"Those that do not know their history are doomed to repeat its mistakes".

I have been to Irwindale, it is a pretty cool place. Yes, it is an 1/8th mile track but for the good ol' boy racing and friendship that is out there every Thursday night it is worth only 1/8th mile. They have a King of the Hill race every Thursday too. Every time we come to visit my Dad who lives there we go to Irwindale to watch his race Buddies run. Sheesh they tailgate BBQ and everything. Very much fun to hang out there. then for 1/4 mile stuff we go to Fontana on the Weekends. I live in Oregon and our local track is Woodburn and is now being run by one of your extracted Californian's Mr. Gene Bergstrum is now running it for us. He used to be the track manager at Irwindale. Very nice guy in my opinion and has some good things in store for our track from what I here. He plans to be the first all concrete 1/4 mile track in the NW. We are starting a TNT on Thursday nights here this year too. Going to be a good year.

I have been to Irwindale, it is a pretty cool place. Yes, it is an 1/8th mile track but for the good ol' boy racing and friendship that is out there every Thursday night it is worth only 1/8th mile. They have a King of the Hill race every Thursday too. Every time we come to visit my Dad who lives there we go to Irwindale to watch his race Buddies run. Sheesh they tailgate BBQ and everything. Very much fun to hang out there. then for 1/4 mile stuff we go to Fontana on the Weekends. I live in Oregon and our local track is Woodburn and is now being run by one of your extracted Californian's Mr. Gene Bergstrum is now running it for us. He used to be the track manager at Irwindale. Very nice guy in my opinion and has some good things in store for our track from what I here. He plans to be the first all concrete 1/4 mile track in the NW. We are starting a TNT on Thursday nights here this year too. Going to be a good year.

Thank you, you made me feel a little better. I am going to give Fontana a try.

Is there any SOCAL drag racers out there that want some company at the drags? Let me know. I would like to go with you. If you don't mind.

they closed our track here on oahu,Hawaii,,,,,nowhere to run,,,pretty sheety eh!!!!!!!!!!politics.........

you still have Bakersville.and Irwindale,and what about Pomona?the last time i went to Irwindale it was a 1/4 mile track. i now live in a good place to Race. Lakeland is 30 mins Bradenton is 45 min Clearwater is 1 hour Gainsville is a cppl hours.how bad is that? 2 1/8 mile tracks & 2 1/4 mile tracks

who knows how long that will last. i left Ca. when i was running out of tracks.
nomore Carlsbad,Orang Co,Palmdale,Termal Island. & Lyons And the list goes on

you still have Bakersville.and Irwindale,and what about Pomona?the last time i went to Irwindale it was a 1/4 mile track. i now live in a good place to Race. Lakeland is 30 mins Bradenton is 45 min Clearwater is 1 hour Gainsville is a cppl hours.how bad is that? 2 1/8 mile tracks & 2 1/4 mile tracks

who knows how long that will last. i left Ca. when i was running out of tracks.
nomore Carlsbad,Orang Co,Palmdale,Termal Island. & Lyons And the list goes on
Don -
Bakersfield is at least a 3-hour tow from the LA area, more if you live south of Los Angeles. As stated before, Irwindale is now 1/8 mile but does run on a regular basis. Pomona only runs twice per year for NHRA national events and used to also put on a Good Guys event but I believe that is now gone somewhere else.
Fontana is the only 1/4-mile track running on a regular basis south of Bakersfield. There was talk several years ago on a new 1/4-mile track in Banning (close to San Bernardino) and they even started construction but shut down before any pavement was put down

-
Back