Cabela`s

-

65SignetSweden

Reaction score
Are they any good? Has anyone of you hunters out here purchased any thing from them before? I have only heard good things about them except for really expencive shipping cost( 45% of total order amount)

They started here in Nebraska. I've bought a bunch of fishing and hunting stuff, but I've always gone to the store and haven't ordered anything so I don't know about the shipping. They do have a lot of stuff, and they have a bunch of animals and aquariums set up in the store.

Iv'e been to one. And I was there for 4 hours and didn't even see half of it. One of the few places I didn't mind shopping at. They have alot of great deals especially on the Cabela's Package stuff. And their inhouse eating spot is kick-arse.

Cabela's started in Wyoming in 1961, and opened their first outlet store in the 80s. They have decent stuff, but I don't get the hype. Their stuff is expensive. Our local store is huge, but I won't pay their prices. I guess I haven't drunk the Cabela's kool-aid yet. I'll stick with my locally owned stores.

They started here in Nebraska. I've bought a bunch of fishing and hunting stuff, but I've always gone to the store and haven't ordered anything so I don't know about the shipping. They do have a lot of stuff, and they have a bunch of animals and aquariums set up in the store.

They opened a store not far from here a few years ago, huge beautiful place.

Their catalog makes for good reading :pottytra: in certian situations.
I ordered a smoker from them, My mom bought the same smoker from a local store about $100 less.

Like for anything that I'm looking at buying I always shop around. Unless it's at a swap meet. Because when you find Mopar stuff at a swap meet that's a rare find.

Out door out fitters here in town is where I buy my supplies ,But Cabela's
Do have a large line of eye candy.
I have never been in any of there stores but it douse sound like a fun
place to look around, But I would leave my wallet home.

I have been going as much as possible since they opened here in Fort Worth. We have a Duck's Unlimited meeting once a year. Last year as one of the door prizes was a $1000 gift card to Cabela's. I won it and blew through that thing in a couple of hours...The have a great selection of used guns and the prices are awesome. The guy I go through buying guns (has FFL) spends more time at Cabela's than he does on gunbroker.com. Fishing and camping departments are just as nice. My five year old son loves it as well.

We've got the three....Cabela's, Bass Pro & Gander Mountain, stopped by Cabela's in Hamburg the other day for a new Buck knife, and had elk burgers in there restaurant. The wildlife display is awesome at Cabela's, the aquariums at Bass Pro are just as awesome...and it seems Gander Mountain is taking the outlet type look with few frills....

I druel over the catalog every pre hunting season, but never ordered from them, the stuff is just way too pricey.

Kinda like building a Mopar, but Cabela's actually has stuff available.

Check out sportsmansguide.com.
They has tons of stuff and great prices!
I've bought a lot of things from them and have never been dissappointed.

I buy a lot of stuff from Cabela's and they called me last evening and I will be in there 2009 catalogs along with my Bighorn Sheep!!!!! Cool huh?

A celeb!

can I have your autograph???

(that really is pretty cool. congrats!)

-
Back