Cable Clamps

-

Rustyfish

Reaction score
My 1965 Dart 270 came with lots of assembly required. The heater core gave up many years ago I assume and was not installed in the car. I have finally gotten the car up and running and now I'd like to get heat on cool mornings. I have a new heater core and am trying to put the puzzle back together but seem to be lacking the metal clamp pieces that hold the heater control cables to the box. I don't even know what they look like. Anyone have a pic of one or a source for replacements? Thanks

A factory service manual comes in really handy for this type of stuff. Here's the photo from a 66 Dart FSM:

upload_2022-3-6_15-27-2.png

Thanks, I have that, I'm trying to see one in real life. I'm looking on line and I don't see anything yet that looks like it's correct.

Thanks for providing that photo. I wasn't sure if that would work at first glance but maybe so. This is the bracket that they need to work on.
IMG_6424.jpg

The tip of the clamp goes in the top hole, then pivots down and squeezes the cable. Then the small coarse threaded screw, goes in the lower hole to keep the clamp secure.

Yes, what I show is the correct "clamp" for that cable bracket. Many don't even get the screw, if it was tight enough to hold the cable on the line they didn't bother with the screw. The "clamp" / clip also snaps in place over the outer edge of the bracket beyond the screw hole.

-
Back