-
Status
Not open for further replies.

fredmopar

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
WANTED: Thank you for your patience with me since I am not 100% sure what I need. Replacing carpet in my 66 Barracuda with floor shift. Having trouble depressing button on floor shift to change gears. Cable inside is broken. Any chance of locating a replacement? 273 CID with 904 transmission. Any help is appreciated.

WANTED: Thank you for your patience with me since I am not 100% sure what I need. Replacing carpet in my 66 Barracuda with floor shift. Having trouble depressing button on floor shift to change gears. Cable inside is broken. Any chance of locating a replacement? 273 CID with 904 transmission. Any help is appreciated.
1966 have a linkage to the shifting mecanism. 1965 was the last year for cable shifted tranny.

There is a cable inside the shift lever tube that is 9 7/16" long. This cable in the parts book is called a "pawl" and is found on all console A/T cars and allows the push button on the top of the shifter lever to move the shifter when depressed. The part number is 2643911.
Here's one on eBay...and for the asking price, I'd look for a used one from a discarded shifter.
1966 1967 1968 Plymouth Dodge Chrysler NOS MoPar CONSOLE SELECTOR PAWL CABLE | eBay

There is a cable inside the shift lever tube that is 9 7/16" long. This cable in the parts book is called a "pawl" and is found on all console A/T cars and allows the push button on the top of the shifter lever to move the shifter when depressed. The part number is 2643911.
Here's one on eBay...and for the asking price, I'd look for a used one from a discarded shifter.
1966 1967 1968 Plymouth Dodge Chrysler NOS MoPar CONSOLE SELECTOR PAWL CABLE | eBay
FYI...A,B,C body cars w/console use the same cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back