cage advice..?

-

69Dart

Reaction score
hey guys.. since this is racing forum im wounderingn what kind of cages you guys use...? or do u just make your own? im going to be putting a cage in my 68 dart, which will be my high school car... im wanting for this car to be basically a drag car. so advice is appriciated.. thanks

We made our own.

d2350.jpg

d1350.jpg

d3350.jpg

We always bend our own, but as moper said their is competition engineering, pulley engineering, and I believe art morrison offers one...Lots of companies offer cut to fit pre bent cages... though...If you can find someone locally with a 1 3/4" mandrel bender, you will save on shipping...Hope this helps...Lee

If you are planning on racing the car at a certain track, say an NHRA track, you should get a rule book from them so your cage will be legal as far as they are concerned. If a car runs slower than 11.50 and it has the stock firewall and floor then it does not require a roll bar as far as NHRA is concerned so you can do just about anything you want with the roll bar / cage.

Chuck

were basically taking from the back of the front seat floor all the way the the rear bumber out...we want to get the cage certified to be a 10.5 car...it wont run that but it will be certified..

If you cut out the floor you will definetly need a cage to be race legal. You don't have to get a chassis certification until 9.99 so if you put a legal cage in the car and run slower than 9.99 you can just show up and run. This would be NHRA rules, I do not know the other rules but if you make your car NHRA legal I have found that it will be legal for anyone being they (NHRA) are the most strict.

Chuck

-
Back