Cal-Trac install question

-

megacab

Leglhi
Reaction score
:burnout:Hey guys whats up?Just bought a Cal-Trac set up with shocks and monoleaf.Very happy with the product and the way they helped on the phone.Would highly recommend them.My question is about the install.I have some modified E body superstock hangers.Their beefier then the stock ones.I tightened the Cal Trac brackets to the stock hangers,but when on jacks stands and the bars not preloaded, i can rattle their brackets a little side to side inside of the hangers.Is that normal?Or is there just some reason i cant squeeze the hangers tight enough?The bolts seem cranked down tight.I used the E body hangers because we put the mounting holes where we wanted them,centering the wheels in the openings and adding a little ride height adjustment.Once i preload the bars i cant rattle them.Thanks for input.

:burnout:Hey guys whats up?Just bought a Cal-Trac set up with shocks and monoleaf.Very happy with the product and the way they helped on the phone.Would highly recommend them.My question is about the install.I have some modified E body superstock hangers.Their beefier then the stock ones.I tightened the Cal Trac brackets to the stock hangers,but when on jacks stands and the bars not preloaded, i can rattle their brackets a little side to side inside of the hangers.Is that normal?Or is there just some reason i cant squeeze the hangers tight enough?The bolts seem cranked down tight.I used the E body hangers because we put the mounting holes where we wanted them,centering the wheels in the openings and adding a little ride height adjustment.Once i preload the bars i cant rattle them.Thanks for input.
I believe the brackets need to be free and not binding or cranked down tight.

Thanks.Thats what i thought might be the reason.Even cranked down on the hanger they have some play.Maybe thats their way of making sure they stay freed up.I appreciate the input.Nice Barracuda.

-
Back