Cal Tracs users...What are you doing for shock studs?

-

LXguy

Reaction score
Hey All:

I'm swapping from a 7.25 to an 8.75. The shock studs on my rear end are welded to the shock plates. I'm assuming that's factory.

Of course the Cal-Tracs don't come with any.

Any help is appreciated.

Steve

When I purchased my Slide-a-link setup from Competition Engineering the kit came with new plates and U bolts.I know you said Caltracs,but maybe the plates come in their kit also because the arm has to bolt through it.??

We broke a shock mount on my son's Cherokee when we installed his lift kit. We cut the stud off flush and drilled it out. Installed a grade 8 bolt, and bolted the shock on.

You could do something like that or contact Calvert and see what they suggest? I'm sure they've got an answer. They've sold hundreds of kits for Mopars.

cal trac has there own shock plates...that's wher 1 end of the bar hooks to...

I understand the Cal-Trac shock plate. I'm trying to figure out what to do for a stud that runs through the bottom eye of the shock.

Try calling calvert to confirm on Monday. 800-607-2266

Or use grade 8 bolts.

I got the shock studs on e-bay new. My Southside Machine Lift Bars didn't have them either. I can't remember who had them. I know someone makes new replacements. I'll look and see if I can find out who.

Fred B

-
Back