Friday updates.....

boxed the transmission cross-member
plug welded the clutch-cross shaft frame bracket
readied the 4-speed hump and bucket set brackets for final welding

20200508_115351.jpg

20200508_162247.jpg

20200508_133834.jpg

Last edited:
Butch wanted to make sure his street Flash got a 4-speed upgrade. With a fresh rebuilt A833 under the bench horse-traded from HemiMark (might of been Ross's / Orangewagon at one time?), I added a vintage Super Shifter 3 with the push down reverse lock out along with the HD 1/2 and 3/4 rods for him. Did a little customizing on the reverse rod since with the raised shifter, the reverse rod worked better going on top of the transmission cross member instead of under it.

Dodged the raindrops this morning to get the front tub / engine bay media blasted.....from there, it went directly to Boutwell Customs for a fresh coat California Flash poppy red.

20200514_082514.jpg

20200514_082543.jpg

20200514_142243.jpg

Last edited:
Wow another great Duster build! You guys make me want to sell the Dart and build a Duster! Especially with the HDK front end! Just awesome again...

Butch wanted to make sure his street Flash got a 4-speed upgrade. Since I had a fresh rebuilt A833 under the bench, I added a vintage Super Shifter 3 with the push down reverse lock along with the HD 1/2 and 3/4 rods for him. Did a little customizing on the reverse rod since with the raised shifter, the reverse rod worked better going on top of the transmission cross member instead of under it.

Dodged the raindrops this morning to get the front tub / engine bay media blasted.....from there, it went directly to Boutwell Customs for a fresh coat California Flash poppy red.

Poppy Red ...one of my favorite Ford colors...Those are some serious shifter linkage rods. Looking great as usual.

the swatch is the mfg poppy red over the orange of the car. Butch likes his poppy red with a little more red in it than this.....and he is the Boss.

20200514_142348 (1).jpg

Last edited:
test fit to get hump where I like. The shifter is elevated and moved toward to the left to allow the shift rods to clear the transmission cross member. I "borrowed" the boot out of the 75 Flash and the 7-1/2" tower / line lock switch from the silver Duster to get the Boss's approval. The California Flash's reply......"that'll work"

20200423_151526.jpg

20200514_082528.jpg

Can't wait for a ride with Butch.....especially when he grabs 2nd.

Wow another great Duster build! You guys make me want to sell the Dart and build a Duster! Especially with the HDK front end! Just awesome again...

you could almost say my Duster builds are divinely inspired. I'm normally day-dreaming about the builds during the sermon. I can hardly help it, at my age, they are mostly re-runs.

Last edited:
I'm guessing Butch is getting the HDK front end treatment? I see some sneaky looking holes in the front frame rails placed in strategic locations.....lol. :)

Always enjoyable watching you transform Dusters into gorgeous, fast and badass works of art Denny.

I hope you and your's are doing well.

Take care,
Pat

I'm guessing Butch is getting the HDK front end treatment? I see some sneaky looking holes in the front frame rails placed in strategic locations.....lol. :)

We pulled and are saving the HDK for the 73 build.....This one gets the best of my factory 20 year old leftover stash.

Yea Denny, maybe there's a leftover 408 you send me for my birthday. Take a look:thumbsup:

Yea Denny, maybe there's a leftover 408 you send me for my birthday. Take a look:thumbsup:

I did find another!!!....but you are too late, Butch already claimed it for another build. I'll put you down for runner up spot. :)

darn....you were close.

408 small block.jpg

Almost made it! Great work Denny. I'm a huge Duster Fan, and your cars are amazing!

Will you be using the Fenton slots on this car?

Jury is still out, I have super tricks, but thinking something more street friendly for this build, Prefer something like the Anson Sprint, but they do not offer a narrow 4" or 5" wide version for the front that i have seen.

Do you have Fentons ?

Jury is still out, I have super tricks, but thinking something more street friendly for this build, Prefer something like the Anson Sprint, but they do not offer a narrow 4" or 5" wide version for the front that i have seen.

Do you have Fentons ?
Yes. A pair of skinnies.

dug out HemiMarks rotisserie just to make it easy to get those hard to reach areas.

20200526_145544 (1).jpg

20200526_145506.jpg

-
Back