California Gas Pumps

-

danielb927

Reaction score
Ever since I got to California, I can't for the life of me get the hang of the gas pumps. They all have the rubber vapor fitting that seals up against the filler inlet. If I squeeze to more than a slow flow of gas, the pump will click like it's full. California guys, is there a trick I'm missing with these, or do they just not work well with old cars?

The trick is to stay out of Kalifornia........

Yes..the are a PIA...

"Ever since I got to California"

Ruunnnnn! First state to ban hot rodding and all other forms of freedom will be CA.

The gas pump nozzle has to be held so the stupid *** "idiot dont pump gas on the ground and blow yourself up" spring/dount is at least half compressed. On old cars it is likely that you have to hold the nozzle up to the gas tube with force for the duration of pumping as the nozzle will not stay in a position where the spring remains compressed.

Good luck with the crappy 91 octane that is cut with alcohol and patchouli juice.

i usually turn the nozzle upside down, so the trigger is up, pull back the fore skin, and insert that little pecker into the hole, holding the fore skin back the whole time so ya get good penetration and less fluid leakage..

Yes, you've got to pretty much compress that accordian-looking rubber thing at least 1/2 way. And also, sometimes I'll hafta rotate the nozzle to almost 1/4 turn either way.....(4 O'clock or 8 O' clock).....seems like it works better on certain cars.

Yup, ya gotta pull the rubber back with one hand and pump with the other...

i usually turn the nozzle upside down, so the trigger is up, pull back the fore skin, and insert that little pecker into the hole, holding the fore skin back the whole time so ya get good penetration and less fluid leakage..

You sound really experienced with foreskins and peckers and such.......

What they said with the yanking and rotating

There are different models/brands of nozzles, so shop around until you find places in your route that are easier to use.

"Ever since I got to California"

Ruunnnnn! First state to ban hot rodding and all other forms of freedom will be CA.

The gas pump nozzle has to be held so the stupid *** "idiot dont pump gas on the ground and blow yourself up" spring/dount is at least half compressed. On old cars it is likely that you have to hold the nozzle up to the gas tube with force for the duration of pumping as the nozzle will not stay in a position where the spring remains compressed.

Good luck with the crappy 91 octane that is cut with alcohol and patchouli juice.

I know, it sucks when they banned hotrodding and now i can't have the duster in my driveway...oh wait hotrods are alive and well in Ca as with every other state.

Honestly, i'll take a little stupidity from Ca over every single southern state. At least here we have weather and mostly sane people to compensate for some of the terrible laws.

The nozzles arent that bad, they take a minute or two to get use to.

I know, it sucks when they banned hotrodding and now i can't have the duster in my driveway...oh wait hotrods are alive and well in Ca as with every other state.

Honestly, i'll take a little stupidity from Ca over every single southern state. At least here we have weather and mostly sane people to compensate for some of the terrible laws.

The nozzles arent that bad, they take a minute or two to get use to.
x2

805: as my grandpa used to say even when he and grandma lived in the valley, when they would go to Morro Bay

Go For Vacation, Leave With Citation!
Amen,805! Tourist trap ,it is!

Left SoCal and moved to lake havasu city, az. I can now pull up to the pump with the duster and pump 110 octane. And no smog nozzles, those things were a pain.

At least here we have...mostly sane people to compensate for some of the terrible laws.
That's the first time I've ever heard anyone say that...

Of course, all the a-holes moved to Colorado.

-
Back