Caliper parts, bits and pieces - Questions

-

Geo4K

Just your average Gearhead.
Reaction score
OK folks, I am stumped! With my calipers, each one came with the bits and pieces seen in the picture. Each caliper had two of these rubber band looking things (highlighted in yellow)... What on God's green earth are they for?? :BangHead:

Also the small clips that go on the top and bottom to hold down the pads (boxed in RED line) are awfully cheap and flimsy. Any ideas for a source for some slightly more robust ones? Not sure of their exact nomenclature...

Sure would appreciate the wisdom of your words!
Caliper parts.JPG

You throw away those rubber bands.
Nobody uses them, and they don't do anything, anyway.

There isn't aything other than those "little" hold down clips.
What you see, is what there is, and they do their job, just fine.

Thank you sir!

We we're scratching our heads over those rubber bands for a bit. Ended up shooting them at one another, then I picked them for "just in case". As I was tightening down the bolts for the hold downs, those "little" clips twisted with the last turn of the bolt and bent a bit - so I was just curious.

Sure do appreciate the time you take on here to smooth things over and answer questions.

Yeah. Toss those bands. Don't need them. I shot my kids with them and yelled at them when they tried to get me back. Then shot them again. Lol. Love being a parent. Hahaha

The rubber bands were put there to go in the grooves of the bracket to prevent the inner brake pad to "clatter" over bumps or when you stop,back up and hit the brake-the pad would shift in the mount(bracket) and make a clack/snap/clatter. They don't last long in a real world app but hey,somebody tried to fine tune the set up so I give them credit for that..............

-
Back