Caliper Rebuild

-

mrhollywood

Reaction score
Is there any rebuild kits for '73 and up single piston calipers? The reason I ask is I would like to get the calipers powdercoated and I would have to take them apart for the oven part...

From where? I'd like to do this myself.

Here's the Dorman part number for the dust boot and O ring kit. DORMAN D35698
You can get them from Summit or Rock Auto. They're $3.00 a piece.

Ted

Hey just an FYI. I painted my calipers and rotors with VHT Caliper Paint and they came out great. A lot cheaper than powder coating too.

Ted

Hey just an FYI. I painted my calipers and rotors with VHT Caliper Paint and they came out great. A lot cheaper than powder coating too.

Ted

Yeah but I'm gonna get them powdercoated transparent green with a metallic silver undercoat... my sway bar and intake will be getting the same color. The place I'm getting it done said the more items I'm getting in the same color at the same time will be more cost effective.

Yeah but I'm gonna get them powdercoated transparent green with a metallic silver undercoat... my sway bar and intake will be getting the same color. The place I'm getting it done said the more items I'm getting in the same color at the same time will be more cost effective.

Your transparent green will only work on polished metal or with a shiny base coat -- it's what makes the candy translucent powders 'pop' like they do. Straight up, if your ride is a driver rather than strictly a show car it might not be the best choice for your sway bar though; candies look absolutely fabulous but they're not quite as durable to rock chips as a solid tone powder will be. If your intake is used and/or aluminum, be sure you check out examples of the manifolds before you make a commitment. Outgassing is something that can be avoided altogether but not all coaters do it right the first time.

Post up some pics when you get it done. :-D

-
Back