Calipers

-

GeorgeGerhard

Reaction score
Good Morning
I have a 73 Dart with front disc brakes, no power booster.
Is there a difference between the front calipers, I mean is there a left and a right?
I though as long as the bleeder valve is to the top there were the same

thank you
George

yes they are diffrent from left to right and there are two diffrent types as well. one takes pins to retain it to the caliper mount(pin type) and one takes spring clips and a lil' bolt(sliders)

Since the installation is mirror imagine from side to side they have to be left hand and right hand. If they were identical one bleeder would be at the top and the other would be at the bottom. Hope this makes sence.

Redfish
I cant believe I even asked this DUH!
of course it makes sense now
Brain freeze early morning
thank you
George

i'm not so sure they're side specific since i've read of some members switching calipers from back mount to front mount and vise versa. that would seem to indicate that they can be used on either side as long as, like you noted, that the bleeder is always on top.

Bleeder to the top and it wont make any difference.

they are side specific, when switching them to hang on the front the whole spindle assemblies except the lower ball joint are moved to opposite sides.maybe go out and look at your assemblies and you will see the diffrence or.........trust me, they are diffrent..........

-
Back