Calling all laptop computer techs

-
I also have an HP Pavillion, before the first year was up, the motherboard went bad. Took them a while to fix it but it worked ok when I got it back. Although the first thing they did was to reload my hard drive. We had already been through diagnosing this and it wouldn't be acting this way if it was a software issue. Good thing I made back up copies. They failed to fix the broken mouse button or replace the power cord for the charger. They sent me a new charger after getting on the phone with them again.
Just after my extended warranty was up, so was the mother board again. I can still get it to work from time to time.
I now have a Toshiba. I wouldn't buy another Hp, Not with what I know now.
You would think with all the people having the same problem, someone would make them do a recall, like in the auto industry.

Ive been selling laptops and desktops as well as repairing them at Staples for the past 3 years

Dell used to be good...not anymore. They build garbage now especially their laptops.

Best bet is to get either a Toshiba, a HP, or a Sony.

My uncle is getting his Ph.D in programming (I always forget which kind exactly, computers are not my forte) and when I asked him a couple months ago about getting a laptop his top 3 brand choices were Asus, Acer, and Toshiba. I got a kickin' deal on Newegg for a $900 Acer, reduced to $650. AMD Turion 64-bit processor (2.2 GHz), 4 GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 3650 graphics card, and a 16" screen. My uncle also told me that all the big-name brands (Dell, HP, etc.) are junk and a waste of money. IMO Apple computers are not worth the price they command, if you compare the technical specs they are usually not any better than a much lower-priced PC. You want a laptop that won't cause problems? Just get a high-quality PC and you'll also enjoy more powerful hardware and easier compatibility.

-
Back