cam help?

-

mopardrt

Reaction score
Ok guys I have a 360 bored 30. over decked heads with 3 angle valve job keith black pistons at 10:1 compression ratio Im putting a holley 650 street avenger carb on it and I have a slightly above stock cam in it as of now I want a bigger thumper cam that will give me the rich thumps I so long for.... hahha anyways any sugestions on the cam would help me out

converter is stock for 1974 with a 904 still running stock 8 1/4 not planning on running it for long though

A Thumper cam from Comp Cams not a OK choice?

Choose the one that fits your RPM band your operating in.

For a street car and one with a 2500-3000 stall convertor and at least a 750 for that 360 you need a 284 duration cam,108 center line,about a 490 lift range,and will make power between the 2500-6000rpm range.You can go up to a 292 cam,but that would be the limit with the info you have given,as we need alot more info,mrmopartech

What gear ratio and converter do you have? If you over cam it it'll be a slug on takeoff unless you have the gears and converter too match.

ya the converter is stock currently for a 1974 904 but that all will change sometime soon when a 727 and a 8 3/4 goes in

Put a big thumping cam in with a stock converter, even if you plan on changing that, it'll be one cantankerous cuss. All it'll do is sound mean.

LOL, if such is the thought process, get a cam on a 106 C-line.

-
Back