Cam I should use?

-
Tim,

I would run the Crane 272 with a set of Rhoades lifters. It will run great!
I did consider this, And I might still. Just bought a set of ISKY lifters, so I will have to hope I can keep the xsting cam in there.
Product Description
Application: Best torque & economy in passenger cars & trucks. Max
compr., 9.5:1, smooth idle, std. axle ratio, good vacuum,
computer compatible. Std. to 600 CFM Carb.

RPM-Range: 1500-4800
Value Lift Int/Ext: .425/.425
Value Lash Hot Int/Ext: .000/.000
ADV Duration Int/Ext: 256/256
.050 Duration Int/Ext: 202/202
Lobe Center: 112 - See more at: http://iskycams.com/cart/index.php?...th=12_14&products_id=600#sthash.4kvmdOZ1.dpuf

I just talked to customer support at ISKY, they MIGHT replace under there warranty. Have to show them the lifters and the Cam. They are close to me so if cam is wiped that will be a rout to go.

So, got the lifter removal tool, got the lifter out of its bore, BUT the oil drain back hole by the removed lifter is too small. BUT a hole in the center looks bigger, fished lifter to the bigger hole, BUT that hole is too small as well. No way to get lifter out of engine without removing intake. I probably could remove casting flashing, but with heads on engine no way to get debris out of valley area. SO.... off with the intake. Boo Hoo

update, got lifter out, clearanced the drain back hole, I think putting it back will be the tough part. Lifter looks to be collapsed.

So.... Off with the intake, in with the Crane cam using a set of Rhodes lifters. I checked lift on the old cam, that one lobe had diminished lift. Will post what im doing. I would like to find out what caused this to happen. Mobil one oil.

So.... Off with the intake, in with the Crane cam using a set of Rhodes lifters. I checked lift on the old cam, that one lobe had diminished lift. Will post what im doing. I would like to find out what caused this to happen. Mobil one oil.

I'll be watching Tim. As you know, I may be in the same boat. Having to pull cam and intake.

It might be the oil was partly to blame. I believe many of the synthetic oils are not well suited for flat tappet cams. I had a friend that had Rhoads lifters in a 350 Chevy and they were noisy as hell.

Most V-twins,that I have had apart, are either roller lifters (Harley),or some non flat tappet arrangement(Honda), or are non-tappet engines (most others).
It says this oil is good for wet clutches.

It doesn't say anything about it being a cam break in oil

I was mistaken Mobile 1 15/50 not 20/50 My bad. I was thinking the same thing.

-
Back