Reaction score
Well going to pull the motor out of dads car, currently
10:1 .030 over 440
440 source rotating assembly
CNC stealth heads
Hughes .626 lift 254@50 solid
Victor with 850 Holley
Only had it at the track once and ran 7.32@94 1/8

The rear main leaks so going to replace that, mill heads .030 and smaller gasket for 11:1
Going with comp .650 solid roller with lifters and springs
Swapping 440 source rockers for most likely Hughes rockers
And port match the intake as well
Car is 3500lb with 4:56 gears and 5000-5200 converter.
What do you think the gains will be?

With out sorting the old combo out the new one could be quiet a bit faster once sorted out. I'll say .4-.5.

Justin when are you going to try your new motor out? I hope to carry mine to T&T this Saturday.

For comparison, I had :
11.0 compression
440 .030 over
Victor with 800 holly
Hyd. Roller .239 @ .050 .584 lift
1.6 Hughes roller rockers
4.10 rear
Cnc stealth heads
4200 converter
GTX 3690#

I got that to run a best 11.20 @120.
Something like 7.12 1/8

That's pretty stout Bob...I know there's more in what he has, but dad said since it's coming out anyway mine as well do something so I had to suggest the roller. Other than a bronze distributor drive, and a cam button, is anything else needed for a roller swap?

finally got around to getting his motor out...and I'm glad we did, he had a local engine builder do the short block,
bore/hone with torque plates
align hone mains
deck block
assemble.
was just going to do the cam swap but decided to check some bearings, glad I did cuz they are slammed. found that the mains had .004 clearance and rods had .001, ring gaps also should be around .020-.022 and they are at .027, Wich isn't a huge deal. but p2w clearance is a little snug at .004 instead of the .0055-.007 it should be, so now it's going to need a light hone, rings, and bearings...glad I checked it out!

oh and called the shop that did the work and got..."we don't warranty high performance work"...

That's pretty stout Bob...I know there's more in what he has, but dad said since it's coming out anyway mine as well do something so I had to suggest the roller. Other than a bronze distributor drive, and a cam button, is anything else needed for a roller swap?

roller cam..and roller lifters...LOL...plus valve spring from flat tappet are not to work with roller cam...and probably need new pushrods as the lifters are taller.

haha, yes that too...have cam, lifters, springs, retainers, locks, and new Hughes rockers...going to have to get short block back together to mock heads up for pushrod length. then Smith Brothers is just a phone call away

No reason that car shouldn't run 6.60s. My car is same weight. You have way better heads and more compression than me same converter stall and mine has run 6.67 at 103.

-
Back