cam thrust plate bolt?

-

BWDart

Reaction score
Got my new plate with bolts from mancini but all four bolts are solid. Isn't one supposed to have a hole to oil thru?
Thanks Bruce

Got my new plate with bolts from mancini but all four bolts are solid. Isn't one supposed to have a hole to oil thru?
Thanks Bruce
There's two different setups - the leak-thru bolt or one hole is left empty and there is a little oil drip bracket that fits into the empty bolt hole. I think.

Either way, I don;t think there is a case where you'd use 4 solid bolts.

Just went and looked at the block and all four holes are threaded and the top pass side goes thru to the valley. Guess I'll have to call Mancini on mon.
Thanks for the link Dan

Just went and looked at the block and all four holes are threaded and the top pass side goes thru to the valley. Guess I'll have to call Mancini on mon.
Thanks for the link Dan
FYI - the holes are always threaded regardless of what setup the engine came with. I'm pretty sure, the oil drips from one of the lower holes. I THINK that if you have the bolt w/ the hole, it goes in the bottom left hole. If you have the drip braket, the tab on the braket repleces the bottom right bolt and is secured by a solid bolt in the bottom left hole.

Do you have any of the original hardware?

Chrysler doesn't sell the hollow bolt anymore. You'll either need to drill the hole yourself (a lathe works well), or leave that bolt out.

I took the motor apart over two years ago and my memory only goes back about two days. I'll dig thru the parts and see what I can find. One book I have says the bolt with the hole goes top pass. It does say that some have a drip hole but doesn't say which one it is.

Both my 67-273 and 68-340 have 4 solid bolts with 140k and 104k miles respectively. I believe the thrust plate has a groove cut in the back that supplies oil for the timing chain compartment. There is a bracket (as mentioned earlier) that can be affixed to the bottom right bolt to drip oil on to the chain. You should be okay using the correct thrust plate and oil slinger.

The bolt with the hole (for those that have one) goes in the passenger's side top.

-
Back