Cam warpage

-
Damage is possible every time any cam is handled. Could have been a factory dude. Could have been the shipper. Or the warehouse. Or the order puller. Or the shipper (again). Or the owner, or the owner's drunk friend (see it...lol) I forget which company - but someone uses a tube to ship. That probably helps some. Cardboard, even thick and multi-thick isn't good enough in a lot of cases. Take an old cam, drop it so it hits on one end, then measure it. It only takes once.

Comp is one of the most common bought - hence most common damaged, or wiped, or wrong, or whatever. I can say I've never had a badly damaged one from them over 30 plus years and probably close to 70 cams over that time. But that's me. Also never had any bad issues with anyone else's except Mopar Performance in the 90s. That's why I stopped running them. They were made horribly though - not damaged.
My machinist just told me it won't turn, so I have to either call summit again. Or my machinist said he could put it in V blocks and ping it, but he don't want to be responsible if it breaks. I could call comp and see what they do to straighten it.

-
Back