Camber Shim Kits

-

charger426

Reaction score
Its been a bit sine I was out adjusting my upper control arms on the Dart. Any reason why something like this wouldn't work with the tabs the current eccentric bolts use? Would have to be the right size to fit into them for sure but I have a set of these on the shelf right now for the ACR and was thinking it wouldnt be hard to do a quick design in CAD and have some laser cut.

OOOOORRRRR would this be a big waste of time as the Abody's dont have the same issues as the vipers when you autox or more particularly road race them and use the curbs. Vipers are known to loose their alignment after a track day or two.

i can't see how these would be beneficial in any way, the a-body control arms mount and adjust in a completely different manner than the viper stuff. they also aren't known for easily knocking the alignment out of whack. i wouldn't worry about it.

if you need more camber (or caster) there are components available specifically for our cars to produce very satisfactory results.

Nope. Not for any of our older cars.

You can get offset Moog bushings, new A arms that have more built in or completely adjustable A arms from SPC.

Yeah probably is will effect tyre scrub and low speed turning at least.
although i think the B body spindles thing is about the distance bwteen the upper and lower balljoint. its greater so it changes the position in or out of the upper joint very very slightly. rather than this which is just about pushing the lower end of the knuckle out wider as far as i can see .

or it will be something to do with widening the track of road going vehicles or messing with steering configuration, in some place or other where the local authorities and your insurance company would take a dim view

Yeah so these shims are not to band-aid miss aligned car they are for locking in an alignment and side benefit for racing is being able to reliability change the camber settings based on the known value the inserts provide. For this application its mostly a question of "do classic mopars have a problem loosing their alignments when being pushed hard with modern tires on them" than a "I wish I could get more caster or camber" convo.

-
Back