-
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnotherA

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
The motor ran fine and was pulled 2/5/2012 from a 70 Dodge Dart. Going a different route and don't have use for this one now.

Its a LA motor with a casting date of 1978..

I put the following parts in it last spring.
New Lunati Cam and lifters. Specs here -> http://www.summitracing.com/parts/LUN-60402LK
Edelbrock Performer intake.
New High volume oil pump.
New fuel pump.

Does not come with a carb or the valve covers that are pictured.
I have a set of stock valve covers that will go with it.

IMG-20120205-00081.jpg

IMG-20120205-00082.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

Click on the picture below to see a video of it running in the car.

Silver Lake, Mn
$450 or Best Offer.

Oh, Minnesota..

The land of 10, 000 lakes and only 3 fish...

Nice engine.

Replied to the PM. Still for sale.

Local pick up only. I don't have the means to ship it.

if I were closure to you I would have been all over that the first day. Mississippi is just a state or two too far.

It ran fine. Trany went out shortly after install it so I can't give you any seat of the pants estimate.

I'm surprised I still have the motor. Figured a cammed motor that runs would go fast at that price.

I don't think that the problem is in the motor. I think the problem is how far you are from the people who want the motor.

Hell, I've thought about buying it a few times, but Minnisota is 11-12 hours for me just to get to St. Paul. I'm a single dad with 2 boys and it is hard for me to get away that long. I would love to have it. You keep making both sides of my brain fight....

I don't think that the problem is in the motor. I think the problem is how far you are from the people who want the motor.

Hell, I've thought about buying it a few times, but Minnisota is 11-12 hours for me just to get to St. Paul. I'm a single dad with 2 boys and it is hard for me to get away that long. I would love to have it. You keep making both sides of my brain fight....

I agree once you're out of the Minneapolis/St Paul area it is lots of farmland rather going south or north of the "Twin Cities" as I drove through that area a lot including Austin.

I'm only 50 min west of the twin cities. But yeah, by the looks of it some of you guys would have a haul to just get to MN.

If I still lived in St Cloud I would be all over it. Its priced to sell for sure. Would now take me 10 hours to get there. Good luck.

Video from this past summer after I put the cam in it. It didn't like the Holley 750 blow through carb I had on it.

CLICK on the picture to watch the video.

theres a post over on moparts in the engine tech section about shipping an engine, looks like it could be done for about $200 give or take, may be worthwhile to look into for anyone interested that cant or doesnt want to make the drive

Man, I was just about ready to come get it.

My son complained when I told him I wanted this engine... Then he f'ed up this weekend and I was going to come get this to punish him and reward me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back