Can’t win for losing

-
didn’t have a lock on it, and no cameras either.
we moved to our current location 10 years ago.
first issue we have had…but it only takes once.
Service shop we use has had stuff stolen a few times, has good cameras , hasn’t helped. Guys wear hoodies knowing there are cameras…
Funny story the owner was telling me this morning…..he has a tech who is kinda a night owl, sometimes comes in late at night to work.
He came in last night before midnight , worked couple hours, got sleepy, decided to sit in his truck and take a nap.. he got woken, guy is siphoning gas out of his truck while he was in it:wtf:
I'm just sorry it happened to you. I know how well that trailer worked for you with your car and golf cart.

I know what I would do but I'm not writing out.
Sorry to hear about your trailer dude, that should never happen. One good thing about Thieves is their lives are usually stollen from them by another.

Sorry to hear this. I hate thieves. I thought my buddy was crazy when he chained his wheels together. He had a hitch lock as well. Kim

Any news? Did you find out if it was covered?

They let us put in the claim, still waiting to see if it’s covered.
If it’s not covered, my racing for the season is done almost before it got started.
I sure am sorry. Praying that it's covered. Or recovered.

trying to figure out if it’s insured now. I know all our cars are, and contents, hope it is, if not, gonna be a minute before I am racing again
Come on now…You’re a successful businessman. How do you not KNOW that all of your equipment is insured??

This said with all due respect, of course…

Come on now…You’re a successful businessman. How do you not KNOW that all of your equipment is insured??

This said with all due respect, of course…

HAHA, same way the agency doesn’t seem to know either.
All the cars are insured, as are all the contents.
but because the trailers have titles ( have my boat trailer too) there seems to be a grey area with them specifically.
like my wife told them…..you were here last fall and did an inspection, you saw both the trailers sitting here….we are gonna have a big problem if they aren’t covered

I understand you have a business and totally different situation but I never had insurance on my car trailer. That is until a good friend can opened his enclosed trailer going into a funneled in road construction area on the way back from Dragway 42 near Akron. What a mess as he had to call a friend and have him empty his trailer, and drive out to Ohio to load up his race car and everything in the trailer. They towed the trailer for the trailer title. Total loss. I had bought a new enclosed trailer in 2017 and when I went to insure it through Erie insurance they made me get a business title for one tow vehicle and car trailer. So now I have two policies.

Be interesting to see what happens. While back we had two cars come off a truck from out East, both with broken windshields.
we decided to put a claim on them, called agency, nope, not covered.
huh…they said if you had a personal policy it would be covered, but our fleet blanket coverage doesn’t cover them, and no way to put such coverage on them for that.
it seems like these insurance agencies are more into finding ways to not help you, than help you.
those windshields were the first “ claim” we have ever made in going on 14 years. Pay, pay, pay..then you need them, they are slimy…..

Be interesting to see what happens. While back we had two cars come off a truck from out East, both with broken windshields.
huh…they said if you had a personal policy it would be covered, but our fleet blanket coverage doesn’t cover them, and no way to put such coverage on them for that.
it seems like these insurance agencies are more into finding ways to not help you, than help you.
those windshields were the first “ claim” we have ever made in going on 14 years. Pay, pay, pay..then you need them, they are slimy…..
That’s how they work. I never had a claim in 25 years. I had a little claim and the pissed around for a couple and agreed to pay it but my policy will go up for 3 years to cover what they pay out. I said how does that work when I have to pay the higher deductible. Also I had a claims free policy to use on my first claim. I asked about that. They said, sir we don’t honour those any more as we deleted them a few years ago. I said adios and never looked back. I’m on the hunt for a new insurer. Kim

I have has the same local company (Erie) for 51 years. It’s changed hands once over those years and moved three times (1/4 mile) from my birth home. I’ve had a few minor claims that they have handled well.

She ain’t goin NOWHERE! ;) (actually this is how we get more than 2 seasons out of a set of tires )

D37A4600-5F81-4BA7-A544-C0B501B7C553.jpeg

I have has the same local company (Erie) for 51 years. It’s changed hands once over those years and moved three times (1/4 mile) from my birth home. I’ve had a few minor claims that they have handled well.
Erie,
The one time I had to deal with them, was on the neighbors home-owners, their trampoline flew over a 8' fence,
hit my wifes car and landed on mine.
At first they said no we will not cover it, I said yes you will or the next time you will be talking to my lawyer.
They paid up, covered both cars, there was over $20K in damages.

Erie,
The one time I had to deal with them, was on the neighbors home-owners, their trampoline flew over a 8' fence,
hit my wifes car and landed on mine.
At first they said no we will not cover it, I said yes you will or the next time you will be talking to my lawyer.
They paid up, covered both cars, there was over $20K in damages.
Did they try to pull: it’s an act of god?

Did they try to pull: it’s an act of god?
They tried to pull everything, until I told them it was not fastened down.
The homeowner also told them there was no tie-downs on it.

That’s great news that the home owner came to your aid. Kim
She was a sweet old lady (rip) she had known me since I was born.
Heck her daughter use to baby-sit me when I was a diaper pooper.

I had a letter from a tow yard last month saying they had my car trailer in impound. I promptly called them and asked a few questions and they asked me a few, finally I said my trailer is right here in my driveway. They said it was a boat trailer with plates previously on the flatbed before I owned it. That was a relief

Don what’s the VIN and license plate. I’ll have wife post it on Facebook. Unreal the views crap gets on there. She knows a lot of people in Battle Creek and Kalamazoo, maybe it’ll help.

That being said, I’m in Kalamazoo off D Ave. I have a very nice 20’ dovetail ATC trailer only couple years old. You’re welcome to it whenever you want it.

-
Back